TechnoTrend S2-6400 Experiences?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatScanner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
East USA
I'm planning to buy a TechnoTrend S2-6400 mainly because it's the only hardware based S2 card I can find. I use to use a TechnoTrend 1.5 card it was a hardware DVB-S which always gave me an excellent picture an sound and my recordings were flawless, even editing my recordings were flawless. Sometime later I had to switch to a USB software based tuner; it worked well for watching and recording but the video always lacked contrast, sharpness and clarity compared to my hardware card. After editing out commercials the video would skip and stutter and sometimes the audio would get out of sync. Of course the video playback would still be soft and lacked contrast.

Others have told me that they didn't like the 6400 because it was too limited in what it can receive, I guess they like all of the decoding options and blind scan capabilities of the software cards. I'm not really interested in doing blind scans or watching sports feeds, I may be interested in watching news feeds though.

Most people seem to be buying software cards, as I said I haven't had good luck in the video quality or editing departments with software based cards. Has anyone here used the TechnoTrend S2-6400 card yet? What is anyone's opinion of the card? Or experiences with editing recordings from software cards?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)