Tegna removes local channels

They only offered me the $5. No antenna offer, after two chats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmnm, maybe I got the right customer service rep? They asked me what I watched on my local Tegna station and I said local news, SNL, football and my wife likes This is Us. They keyed in on the local news, saw where I live (Buffalo NY) and offered me the antenna probably because I'm not far from the Tegna transmitter.

Hmmnm, maybe I got the right customer service rep? They asked me what I watched on my local Tegna station and I said local news, SNL, football and my wife likes This is Us. They keyed in on the local news, saw where I live (Buffalo NY) and offered me the antenna probably because I'm not far from the Tegna transmitter.
The distance from the transmitter is key. The computer tells them if you have a reasonable chance of receiving a signal. If it says yes they will send you the antenna.

The distance from the transmitter is key. The computer tells them if you have a reasonable chance of receiving a signal. If it says yes they will send you the antenna.
Just want to clarify. Someone may be within the range, but if Dish can’t come close to guaranteeing it to work, they will not waste your time or their money.

They only offered me the $5. No antenna offer, after two chats.
It is a free indoor antenna, which might not do you much, and the price that thing probably goes for, you can just buy one yourself. But it'd depend on whether it'd help you enough.

It is a free indoor antenna, which might not do you much, and the price that thing probably goes for, you can just buy one yourself. But it'd depend on whether it'd help you enough.
I thought it was either an indoor or outdoor depending on qualification. I got the outdoor one a year or two ago.

Reactions: TheKrell
Don’t you also get a tuner when you have a Hopper though? That might make the call worth it (although you can use the $30 AirTv one). I know techs usually don’t have the module for 722/222’s so I doubt the send those, but they are also $40~ on eBay.

Just too bad that Tegna is being greedy, Dish is willing to accept a reasonable price increase (which reflects in our monthly bill)! But come on Tegna, get real and don't lie! In my local area I get the affected local channel OTA. So sucks to be them, it has no impact on me, and even if they did they do not currently provide any programming I am interested in.

Well, now with Flex, I don't have to worry about paying my locals (well, the large conglomerates) these fees. *balloons*

Though I won't get that toaster from Dish now as I can't call up and complain about not getting a local channel in dispute.

I been with Dish for almost a year and this is the second time...I don't know all the details and really don't want to know.
I pay Dish..so I blame them

I been with Dish for almost a year and this is the second time...I don't know all the details and really don't want to know.
I pay Dish..so I blame them
I pay the store for my food but I still blame the manufacturer when it’s their issue…. Ain’t Walmarts fault if Kellogg’s stops putting marshmallows in lucky charms.

I am getting my Tegna CBS local via an antenna. My brother and niece are getting the CBS shows via Paramount+.
Yes, I have been watching my local Tegna CBS affiliate via Paramount Plus. I have the grandfathered lower tier service that had access to local CBS where available. I probably could catch it via antenna if I fixed the indoor antenna right or if we set up the outdoor antenna to the TVs with Dish service.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)