Telephone Dial Tone Generator

Isn't tape recoder can do it ? If you'll record the dial tone and play thru home made jack from its audio output to standard phone RJ-11 jack inserted into receiver.

your best bet is at least to try to get a phone line in that room. If you dont have a LAN line or are using a cell phone you are going to pay the phone fee. The only time you may get away with it if you are using VO/IP or for some reason your telephone system in the area is not compatible with the modem inside the dual receiver (322). Then you can get a phone bypass.

your best bet is at least to try to get a phone line in that room. If you dont have a LAN line or are using a cell phone you are going to pay the phone fee. The only time you may get away with it if you are using VO/IP or for some reason your telephone system in the area is not compatible with the modem inside the dual receiver (322). Then you can get a phone bypass.

May I propose best bet for you ;) ? Start read the thread from TOP.

Thats why DNS techs wind up going back on retailer jobs and charging back the retailers for reinstalls.

LOL, right on! You've got it all figured out. :up

I'm glad you feel doing nothing is a good use of your time. It probably is.

The tone generator aint gonna save you the $5 because Dish audits the account for the $5 fee when they see the receiver doesn't call in for a few months!
That's not the reason why the tone generator..The issue is getting the heck out of there so we can go to the next job....With activations taking up to 15 minutes we are burning alot of daylight..If one does three NC's the activation lag time plus the demo time you're lookling at an excess of an hour..Another phone call to Dish burns up that much more time...

Your dirty :D It could be a $5 instant rebate if plugged into a phone line.

You know last week I was doing a checkswitch on a 322 and right in the middle of it the test phone line comes in.

Then two weeks ago I couldn't even get rid of the test line screen 30 minutes after activation w/ a bypass.

Turns out the software was a bit out of date, CSR told me to go into point dish lock on 119 then 110 then power off... to force software update.

If you play by the rules, a 2 room install running lines, smaller home, no pole nothing fance should take about 1.5 hrs or so, like I said playing by the rules you'll add another 1.5 hours for activation and such.
"If you play by the rules, a 2 room install running lines, smaller home, no pole nothing fance should take about 1.5 hrs or so, like I said playing by the rules you'll add another 1.5 hours for activation and such".[/QUOTE]
Somebody who knows..Yep this is the thing that kills me on time...
Yes, the 322 have been a pain lately..I had two in one day that went immdiately to the 587 screen ..At that point the reciever locks you out untiola phnoew connex is made..If there's no land line jack available you are froced to install another receiver...It's a bunch of crap....It seems that installs are being affected in the negative time wise..It's getting progressively worse as well...

Thats why DNS techs wind up going back on retailer jobs and charging back the retailers for reinstalls.
reinstalls for what?....Phone lines are not a required part of a standard install....It is the customer's responsibilty to make himself aware of the charges for non phone connection..
If you're redoing installs because someone didn't install a phone line, smebody is givinng you the three finger tuck job...
Another fine example as to why I would never go to work for DNSC..

Yes, the 322 have been a pain lately..I had two in one day that went immdiately to the 587 screen ..At that point the reciever locks you out untiola phnoew connex is made..If there's no land line jack available you are froced to install another receiver...It's a bunch of crap....It seems that installs are being affected in the negative time wise..It's getting progressively worse as well...

Can you say homezone? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts