Telephone Line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lovebohn

Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
I installed a new SuperDISH along with two 322 receivers at a friends new house last night. The install went well until after we did the updates and it wanted to test the phone line which will be installed next week. The question i have is before we activated the receiver you would get a big message covering most of the screen that we had problems with the phone line and could not watch any of the free channels. You could see the outside edges of the picture and had sound, but that will not work for this weekends football games. We left the TV at that point last night and i activated the receivers from work this morning but when he gets home today will the message still be there after the activation? The person i talked with at Dish never asked if the phone line was connected so i did not bring the subject up since he may have a phone line in a few days and might save him $10. Is there a way to exit from that screen? Thanks.

Dave

He may want to call dish if the screen is still there. Last I understood you can activate a reciever without a phone line. I think when I installed my 721 it gave me taht particular screen and it went away when it was activated. Might have to be rebooted though...

322 & 522 test daily for phone line connection to get the $5 discount from dish for the second tuner. If you are paying for the additional outlet fee the connection problem will not be displayed.

boba said:
322 & 522 test daily for phone line connection to get the $5 discount from dish for the second tuner. If you are paying for the additional outlet fee the connection problem will not be displayed.

my 522 hasnt been plugged in for almost a week... to problems yet... I had to yank the line that was there due to some water.. am re-running it tomorrow

Thanks for the fast reply.

One more question, what should his monthly fee be for the two receivers and the 120 plan. I thought it was going to be $39.95 but when i had it activated she told me $44.95. I will have to look at the sheet with what was quoted to me. His original idea was to have three of the single tuner receivers but was told he could save some money if we went this route.

Dave

lovebohn said:
Thanks for the fast reply.

One more question, what should his monthly fee be for the two receivers and the 120 plan. I thought it was going to be $39.95 but when i had it activated she told me $44.95. I will have to look at the sheet with what was quoted to me. His original idea was to have three of the single tuner receivers but was told he could save some money if we went this route.

Dave

39.95 + 5.00 Mirror/Lease fee for the 522 or 322 take your pick + 5.00 DVR Service... one of those isnt on there... wonder which one

To do a reboot do i just hold down the power button till it restarts or should i just unplug the unit for a few minutes?

lovebohn said:
To add the second 322 would be where the extra $5 came from then??

YES... ok i was thinking of another thread with a 522 and 322... no dvr fee without the 522...

Yes 39.99+5.00 Mirror/Lease fee
May be 4.99 but still

It is a steal though. with 3 311's you would have 2*5.00 lease fee

I think my friend is happy with the monthly fee. Once our local cable comes near him he will switch back.

When you're friend gets the phone service in and plugs in the 322 or 522 which ever he has, have him call Dish and tell them that the reciever is plugged into a phone jack. Then he can get the $4.99 additional reciever fee taken off his bill. With the two 322's that will save him $10.00

wobbie said:
When you're friend gets the phone service in and plugs in the 322 or 522 which ever he has, have him call Dish and tell them that the reciever is plugged into a phone jack. Then he can get the $4.99 additional reciever fee taken off his bill. With the two 322's that will save him $10.00

They quoted him 44.98.... thats the price for 1 reciever 120 plus another reciever. they are charging him for that extra 322 not for the dual tuners.

they will charge him 10 more dollars a month if the phone line isnt connecte dfor a long time. 5 dollars a tuner so that would be 53 and some change.

I got a call from my friend and he was not able to get the modem test screen off, but he did have good news. The phone company was early for once and he now has a phone line so all is good now. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)