Teletica @ 43 is Not No More?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I was watching Teletica from Costa Rica yesterday just fine. Today I have a blank screen and my receiver has a big red S next to the channel listing. Anyone else still getting this? Can't believe they would scramble an obscure off the air channel from Costa Rica. Was my FIL's window to his favorite vacation place.

Jim

It's Back!

Well this morning the little red S next to the channel listing is gone and the video is back! Did someone push the wrong button at the up link site? Anyone else watch this channel?

Well this morning the little red S next to the channel listing is gone and the video is back! Did someone push the wrong button at the up link site? Anyone else watch this channel?

Im looking to fill in more of the blanks on my eastern edge of the arc and dont have 43w yet.Is it a good sig?Can you list TP freq so i may give it a try.

Im looking to fill in more of the blanks on my eastern edge of the arc and dont have 43w yet.Is it a good sig?Can you list TP freq so i may give it a try.

I get a good signal here in Northern Michigan, Q 65 on a 8' dish. You should do even better in Ct. Teletica is on 3828 V 3300. Seems there are stronger tp's you could use for pointing, I'll check my receiver this eve. and post here.

The furthest East I've seen on C-band is Metro Tv on NSS 10 @ 37.5º. 3805 H 2143. What are you getting on this side of town?

Jim

Last edited:
I get a good signal here in Northern Michigan, Q 65 on a 8' dish. You should do even better in Ct. Teletica is on 3828 V 3300. Seems there are stronger tp's you could use for pointing, I'll check my receiver this eve. and post here.

The furthest East I've seen on C-band is Metro Tv on NSS 10 @ 37.5º. 3805 H 2143. What are you getting on this side of town?

Jim

I can get down to 30w!What i have so far on the eastern side is hispasat30w,NSS 10 37.5,intelsat805 55w and intelsat 9 58.Above 70 i have many of the sats upto 137.Using a 6 ft motorized dish here with a 741 LNB.PS I have good LOS from 30 to 137

I can get down to 30w!What i have so far on the eastern side is hispasat30w,NSS 10 37.5,intelsat805 55w and intelsat 9 58.Above 70 i have many of the sats upto 137.Using a 6 ft motorized dish here with a 741 LNB.PS I have good LOS from 30 to 137

I'm seeing the same part of the arc 30 to 137 in Mich. I'd like to try for something East of 30º on Ku and for C-band any sat East of 37.5º Spent quite a bit of time looking for Telestar 12 @ 15º. My site survey shows I squeak over the neighbors garage but nothing so far. I could use some help as to what is a known good TP.

Spent quite a bit of time looking for Telestar 12 @ 15º

I'm seeing the same part of the arc 30 to 137 in Mich. I'd like to try for something East of 30º on Ku and for C-band any sat East of 37.5º Spent quite a bit of time looking for Telestar 12 @ 15º. My site survey shows I squeak over the neighbors garage but nothing so far. I could use some help as to what is a known good TP.

I get that bird with no problem at all ( as you should if your LOS is good ).
My arc goes from 15 to 137 ( tried 12 but only once was successful to catch something ), strong tp's at 15 11806V , 11964H and 12173H. You can also try 22 is very strong, 24 is weak but stable, 37 ( metro ) is very strong.

Good luck and enjoy..
Granadaguy

I get that bird with no problem at all ( as you should if your LOS is good ).
My arc goes from 15 to 137 ( tried 12 but only once was successful to catch something ), strong tp's at 15 11806V , 11964H and 12173H. You can also try 22 is very strong, 24 is weak but stable, 37 ( metro ) is very strong.

Good luck and enjoy..
Granadaguy

Granada,

Thanks for the info, I scanned around for 15w tonight, no go. Maybe my clearance over the neighbors garage is more marginal that I thought. 15w would have been a good catch.

Jim

Last edited:
inline amplifier

Granada,

Thanks for the info, I scanned around for 15w tonight, no go. Maybe my clearance over the neighbors garage is more marginal that I thought. 15w would have been a good catch.

Jim

Jim.
Have you tried to connect an inline amplifier between the lnb and the stb?, it will greatly improve your signal / quality, be aware that you will lose either band C or KU when you do that, I have it connected very close to the stb so it only take but few seconds to change it to either band I'm looking to watch. ( don't have it connected to both at the same time it will defeat the purpose ).
Hope it help you.

Regards.
Juan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts