Temple of Doom - pixelation?

dreddick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
NW Ohio
I caught the first 15 minutes of Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom on Epix as it was recording on my 722 last night and saw several scenes with bad pixelation in them. Anyone else see this? Just wondering if it was something in my system or if it was coming down that way...

I had some on my recording of Attack of the Show as well - I wonder if there were solar flares or something that interfered with the signal from the sat?

I caught the first 15 minutes of Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom on Epix as it was recording on my 722 last night and saw several scenes with bad pixelation in them. Anyone else see this? Just wondering if it was something in my system or if it was coming down that way...

I have always thought that this was caused by insufficient bandwith on the transponder being used. I know that they use dynamic statistical multiplexing to allot bandwith on satellite transponders. If there is not enough available bandwith to support the required data transmission, pixellation results. I see this frequently on the 'live' hockey games I watch on Versus HD.

Ed

Are you sure it wasn't part of the movie? Haven't seen the whole thing yet but noticed the pixilation(glitter) starts during the beginning of a 30's type dance sequence. It ends at the end of the dance sequence. As I said I have only watched the first 20 minutes and it did not occur again. When I DVR'd "Grease" last year, what I thought was pixilation during O.N.J.'s "Hopelessly Devoted to You" number turned out to be small lights hidden in the shrubbery flashing on and off.

Nope - that wasn't it. This was during the scenes where they were sitting around the table in the night club and the car chase scenes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)