Ten more HD channels by end of '06?

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Didn't Charlie mention E* would be launching 10 more HD channels by the endo fo the year on a Charlie Chat? This was after FOOD, HGTV were launched. What is going on with the HD content (i.e. Cinemax, Inhd, FSN). Any clue.

D* offers 1 more local channel in my area than E* which is goo dto watch the Diamondbacks on and has FSN AZ in HD.

Will they soon take the HD lead? Hope not, I have too much invested in 622's.

I would like to see just a couple of HD channels offered:

1-Cinemax
2-Outdoor 2
3-TMC HD
4-FSN

And Voom said they were going to launch additional channels. Would be nice to see the old lineup again of GuyTV, Gunslingers, HaHa , Vice etc..

Seems like this would not be too difficult to do given the available bandwidth. There are eight channels right there.

I don't remember any of what you said being mentioned officially by Dish or Voom, but I hope I am wrong and you are right. Do you or anyone have a link?

The ten channels were supposed to be the RSN HD channels and except for those being used for NHL CI and NBA LP only right now, no one has seen them yet.

Plus, we know that they are in talks with INHD and there are rumors about Cinemax HD.

My guess: any new channels would come at the same time that they are forced to shut-down DNS.

I think the "ten" came from the adding of 10 RSN's markets which would really be one HD Channel for folks in their market. I think INHD might have been in there but not for sure.

I would like to see just a couple of HD channels offered:

1-Cinemax
2-Outdoor 2
3-TMC HD
4-FSN

And Voom said they were going to launch additional channels. Would be nice to see the old lineup again of GuyTV, Gunslingers, HaHa , Vice etc..

Seems like this would not be too difficult to do given the available bandwidth. There are eight channels right there.

The Outdoor 2 isn't available in HD as far is I have been able to find out.

Looked at what is being uplinked

I had looked at what is being uplinked on satellite not at the outdoor site. I looked where to get the ch and it is only offered via cable co's so far. My guess is it is delivered via fiber since I can find nothing about it being uplinked via any sat over the USA.

I hope I am wrong but when we don't get any more HD channels we will probably get some bs response about they were too tied up fighting the distant locals.

The Outdoor 2 isn't available in HD as far is I have been able to find out.

I believe OutdoorChannel2 is ONLY offered in HD. The OutdoorChannel is an SD only version, however they have moved a lot of the shows I like to the second HD channel for some reason, like ATv TV ATV Sport PWC TV and a couple of others. I really miss those shows.

Anyway, I hope Dish adds some HD soone. I just got ITVN and the picture on my 55" Mits DLP is pretty good...I love the Encore and Starz On-Demand. If I didn't have 3 622's and a 522? dvrs I would lower my package from the everything pack, but the DVR fees would just eat up the savings.

Well I could always dream about the real VOOM ;-)

Dish can;t manage full hd with what they have now, so why add more at a poorer picture quality than we already have. Some of the voom channels are not as clear as some of my dvd;s.

I think the "ten" came from the adding of 10 RSN's markets which would really be one HD Channel for folks in their market. I think INHD might have been in there but not for sure.

In several markets its Two channels in their market. MSG and Fox NY for example.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts