Tennis: U.S. Open on Universal HD/CBS HD starting at 7pm ET tonight!

I heard on the radio that USA cut out on the Agassi/Blake match last night. Was the same true for UHD??? Brutal...

Middle of the 5th set, tied 2 games a piece. If you were on the west coast, you had no way of watching what ended up being one of the greatest US Open matches ever. UHD and USA both cut the coverage at 9:37, because CBS had the contract to pick it up on the east coast feed at 12:37 (Tennis late night). I called to complain, but DirecTV claimed there was nothing that could be done.

Unbelievable that they couldn't get that straight beforehand. I was stuck watching the point by point summary and listening to the garbled radio feed on the internet. An absolute travesty.

WOW that was bad... Somebody's head should roll... Especially when the match started late and expected to be a match for the ages...

This is one of few circumstances when it sucks to have east coast feeds on sat/cable channels. West coast viewers could still watch this great match on USA if you were watching on CABLE, they carry the west coast feed of USA, but since sat channels are mainly east coast feeds, USA didn't have right to show anymore tennis because of CBS Tennis late night. Unless you had east cost feed of a CBS channel you would had to wait three hours for your local CBS channel to air Tennis late night and you should've seen the rest of the match.

At least USA replayed much of the fourth set and all of the fifth set this morning. For me, the coverage that USA and CBS does it always much better than what NBC and ESPN does for the other grand slam events. Every year west coast viewers get blackout during Wimboden on ESPN2 because of NBC's tape delays and I'm very tired of that.

Sean Mota said:
WOW that was bad... Somebody's head should roll... Especially when the match started late and expected to be a match for the ages...

Agreed... The Davenport v Dementieva match went well past 9 PM. I couldn't believe they were starting a men's match so late to begin with..

The problem is they didn't air the rest of the match, like they should have. I was willing to wait until 12:37 PT to at least relive the great end of the match, but instead CBS chose to just show highlights from the match, which I had already gotten from ESPN 2 hours earlier.

An absolute travesty.

Agreed!!

I was lucky enough to have access to WCBS in New York, but since most do not it surprises me that they had a different Tennis late night for the west coast. I guess they didn't want push their late night line back any futher. It used to be even worse, not long ago when Tennis late night used to air before Letterman, the tennis coverage on USA on sat would end around 8:30 on the west coast. There have been some late night matches in the past that involved Jimmy Conners that were cut off because of the same issue.

All in all, a fabulous tournament. The finals of the Women's or Men's wasn't really up to par but there were some excellent matches, especially in the fourth round and up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)