Terk TV44 installed with DPP44

Oldster

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi, I have a Dish 1000.2 going through a DPP44 to my 622. How can I hook up the Terk to my system? Can it be done without running any more cables. Thanks for the help.

i think u have to hook it straight to the input on OTA. i dont think u can use diplex.... cause u are prob using that for your 2nd tuner unless you have it that on single mode.

Be careful using diplexers with a DPP44 switch on Port 1. Any other port is OK but Port 1 has the power insertor and you'll need a blue Holland diplexer.

This diagram should help:

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample9.pdf

you are right. just put the 622 on diffrent port.and just hook up the power inseter by it self on port 1. if you have extra cable. or if the switch is in the basement where u can get to the power source.

I guess I'm kind of dense because I didn't get much out of the drawing. Right now I have one line coming off the DPP44 to the 622 using a seperater at the receiver. The switch is in the attic and accessible but not for power. I would like to continue to have one line coming down to the receiver, is that possible?

I guess I'm kind of dense because I didn't get much out of the drawing. Right now I have one line coming off the DPP44 to the 622 using a seperater at the receiver. The switch is in the attic and accessible but not for power. I would like to continue to have one line coming down to the receiver, is that possible?

do you have spare cable that goes to one of the rooms, and thats not being used... do you know how diplex works ???

I do have a second cable off the switch going to a bedroom. My only goal is to get the OTA locals down to the 622. I really don't know how the diplexer works except it would be wonderful if I could do it all on the dish side of the switch. Thanks

I do have a second cable off the switch going to a bedroom. My only goal is to get the OTA locals down to the 622. I really don't know how the diplexer works except it would be wonderful if I could do it all on the dish side of the switch. Thanks

ok hook that extra cable to port 1, and run the power inseter off that line... and put the 622 on the second port..does anyone have good diagram on diplex. ??? its hard to explain it by writing it down.

ok found a pic for you.

satellite-2-wa7-passive-diplexer-sc.jpg

you take satellite input from switch put it in SAT port.... you take the ANT input and put it on ANT port.. than you take the cable that comes from reciever and put it on In/Out Port..... now u take another diplex. cable that comes off wall plate put it on In/Out port.... put the ANT cable into OTA. and put the SAT port into the saperator..

hope this helps... make sure u use Holland Elec... Blue Diplxer.

Ok, port 1 could be done easily. Now the second part, I will need two diplexers, one at the receiver where I will be splitting to the antenna input and the separater for the dual tuner. Now back at switch for the second diplexer, the sat in one side off the switch and the ota antenna directly into the other side with the output going down to the receiver? Will the power from the receiver go through the diplexer to power the ota antenna? Am I on the right track of should I go out and pull weeds instead? :)

Posted before I read yours.

Ok, port 1 could be done easily. Now the second part, I will need two diplexers, one at the receiver where I will be splitting to the antenna input and the separater for the dual tuner. Now back at switch for the second diplexer, the sat in one side off the switch and the ota antenna directly into the other side with the output going down to the receiver? Will the power from the receiver go through the diplexer to power the ota antenna? Am I on the right track of should I go out and pull weeds instead? :)

Posted before I read yours.

i am not 100% on weather it will power the antenna or not. try it.....

Interesting bit of info I stumbled upon. Looks like I don't even need to move the port 1 off the 622.

From Holland:

"Allows the combining (or separating if used in the reverse ) of Off-Air / CATV signals with
satellite signals to a common cable. Separates TV and satellite signals prior to satellite
receiver input and filters harmonics in the off-air spectrum from satellite conversion
devices. The DPD2 diplexer is specifically designed for Dish Network’sTM DP44 installations,
requiring continuous 2 amp power passing."

Interesting bit of info I stumbled upon. Looks like I don't even need to move the port 1 off the 622.

From Holland:

"Allows the combining (or separating if used in the reverse ) of Off-Air / CATV signals with
satellite signals to a common cable. Separates TV and satellite signals prior to satellite
receiver input and filters harmonics in the off-air spectrum from satellite conversion
devices. The DPD2 diplexer is specifically designed for Dish Network’sTM DP44 installations,
requiring continuous 2 amp power passing."

That's the only diplexer that will work with port 1 on the DPP44 switch. It's the blue Holland diplexer DPD2. You were lucky to just run into it.

I would run a cable from the Terk 44 stright to 622 and see if it will get a good signal, the Terk is not all that good.
May save a lot of time and money working with a crappy ant.

I've been recommended the CM2228 antenna and the DB8 antenna for long distances from the transmission sources, the CM2228 is cheaper and aparently better than the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)