terk tv44 without sat receiver

aeroguy70

Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Hi, I recently lost my job & had to cancel my Dish subscription to save some money. I was counting on using my terk tv44 antenna still, as it has worked well for OTA with my 622. I managed to get a waiver to keep the satellite dish intact on the roof, so all I have to return is the receiver. That way when things turn around financially I can rejoin and all I will need is a receiver again.

I did not realize until after disconnecting the 622 that it provides the power to the amplifier for the terk antenna. Without the power I now only pull in a couple of stations.

Any ideas about how I can get power to the terk amplifier without a satellite receiver?

thanks for your help.

Buy a power supply from Terk. or buy another Terk 44 and use it's power supply.
Buy a used DISH receiver off eBay and connect it where your 622 was.

Here's something that's actually made for it. Go to www.techtoolsupply.com and get the Sonora HRPIR20 power supply and power inserter combo, $26.99. The power inserter is a splitter-like device (even looks like one). Connect the power supply to the "DC" terminal, connect your sat cable to the "DC+RF" terminal and connect your TV to the "RF" terminal.

The Winegard PS-1503 is similar for $18.99 from www.solidsignal.com

I have dealt with both vendors over the years and had no trouble with purchases from either.

PBX Guy - thanks for the advice and recommendations - I think that's exactly what I'm looking for - I will order the sonora and see how it works

thanks again for your help

Just wanted to drop a line with an update. I got the sonora, hooked it up, and my TV tuner now pulls in 52 stations rather than the 11 it got before hooking in the sonora amplifier. WONDERFUL!! I really appreciate the advice, this is exactly what I needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)