Terminated Dish Retailer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mthompson

Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
oklahoma
This retailer, and personal friend, was terminated on the basis of fraudulent movers, Dish auditors stated after the investigation that it was fraud on the retailers part solely. This is what occurred, an individual who worked for this retailer started as a technician for this company but went on to work for an RSP in Oklahoma and alot of customers had his cell # and would call him when their system had a problem or would tell others to call him because he would get their TV working. In early 08 this tech was given a login because so many people called him for upgrades and new service and movers some though would call for just service but couldn't pay him so apparently he would set up the free mover for them and fix their system, the customer signed the agreement, Dish payed for the mover no questions at that point (apparently it didn't require the address to be changed for it to be payed) and customers remained a satisfied Dish customer. This retailer became a DNS sub in mid 08 and put every extra dollar he had into purchasing equipment and vehicles (4 vehicles for techs to use) to complete the DNS work. This retailer/DNS sub was paying his bills fine before the DNS sub work was accepted but now that he was terminated as a retailer and of course a DNS sub he is facing financial ruin because every dollar he has invested and is owed for completed work is being held by Dish for repayment including fearing that any funds for remaining inventory if sent back to Dish would be held also. It is sad to see someone that has been so dedicated to this company be punished so harshly by Dish for something that seems so simple to avoid, that is requiring the address be changed before a mover is paid. I for one will be canceling my service and am sure others will follow because there is no one else in this area that I would trust other than this retailer to work on my system.

the retailer is responsible for the people who work for him and for his business. If he had an employee who had a password and then went on to work for someone else, why didn't he changed the password?
I'm sorry, but if I read your post correctly (which wasn't easy BTW), the retailer is at fault for not changing his passwords when the guy left. It's no different than not changing the locks or anything else. The retailer signed an agreement with Dish and it doesn't sound like he lived up to his part of it, so...

sorry about the difficulty in reading. but you are saying that the he should do what to insure that all these customers that signed these agreements really moved? just read the post on the guy who just moved, sounds like he just changed his address to get hd locals. sounds like the same situation, except these customers didnt sihn a mover agreement to get different locals, they just wanted their system to WORK. also the tech went to work for another company but that compny left the area so the tech came back to work for this retailer that is when all this occured.

Last edited:
As an employer, he is responsible for those who work for him. If this ex employee was able to keep doing work and your friend did nothing to stop him from using his status as his employee, your friend is still responsible. Your friend was getting work statements every month from Dish and saw his ex employee still doing work, he should have stopped him. If he didn't, Dish has every right to terminate his business. If I found out any ex employee of mine was still representing himself as my employee, I would put a stop to it immediately for fear of him ruining my business, which is exactly what this ex employee did to your friend. Your friend may have some legal recourse from this ex employee, but Dish is still done with doing business with your friend.

DMAs are DMAs for a reason.

I imagine this phony "moving" trick is illegal and would get Dish in trouble with the FCC and others. Add that to the fact that Dish paid for a move that didn't happen (cost of new antenna and a pittance for labor) and it has become double fraud.

Someone has to pay....and the retailer on the agreement is the one with the exposure.

I think he will have to chalk this up to a life lesson learned hard.

apparently neither of you are clear on what was typed in, THE CUSTOMERS SIGNED THE AGREEMENTS. so does my friend have legal recourse to the customers that signed the agreements you think, because dish said my friends company was the one that committed the fraud, not the customers that SIGNED THE AGREEMENTS. also what should he have done called each customer and asked them did you really move or are you going to get my company closed down.

apparently neither of you are clear on what was typed in, THE CUSTOMERS SIGNED THE AGREEMENTS. so does my friend have legal recourse to the customers that signed the agreements you think, because dish said my friends company was the one that committed the fraud, not the customers that SIGNED THE AGREEMENTS. also what should he have done called each customer and asked them did you really move or are you going to get my company closed down.
All this would do is say that the customer conspired with the retailer to defraud Dish.

Not a good idea to sue your customers. :rolleyes:

As Otter said: "You f'ed up...you trusted us!"

apparently they are no longer his customers, they probably werent his to begin with, they are dish's though so yeah he f'ed up by trusting dish's customers apparently and even trying to do business with dish and trusting them and giving them thousands of dollars and doing anything to make sure their customers were satisfied with dish's service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)