Terminator 2 high definition version?

SystemHalt

Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
USA
With all the channels that voom has broadcasting HD 24/7 i would have thought someone would get rights to play the T2 extreme dvd hd version in its true form.

If anyone has seen this dvd version on there pc or taken from pc to there tv at 1920x1080 res it is just amazing the work that went into making this film a true hd transfer and i have yet to see any program wether it be discovery hd or movie hd even compare to the quality of this film in its true form.

If anyone has seen or has any info on a movie channel getting rights to play this let me know or feel free to post comments about the hd T2 version of the film.

SystemHalt said:
With all the channels that voom has broadcasting HD 24/7 i would have thought someone would get rights to play the T2 extreme dvd hd version in its true form.

If anyone has seen this dvd version on there pc or taken from pc to there tv at 1920x1080 res it is just amazing the work that went into making this film a true hd transfer and i have yet to see any program wether it be discovery hd or movie hd even compare to the quality of this film in its true form.

If anyone has seen or has any info on a movie channel getting rights to play this let me know or feel free to post comments about the hd T2 version of the film.

I am working on it right now. Just Curious, How did you port it over to your TV from your PC?

Probably hooked up the computer to the TV. Most newer video cards can be tweaked to output in HDTV standard resolutions, my desktop is currently 1280x720p, which makes my Cineos into a REALLY impressive 55" computer monitor. Check in the HTPC forum at AVSForum and read up on it if you are interested. Easiest way is if you have a TV that supports RGBHV input, but if all you have is component, there are numerous RGB-Component convertors out there that you can use. Now i just need a wireless mouse/keyboard combo.. the wires across the living room floor are getting dangerous!

CraziFuzzy said:
Probably hooked up the computer to the TV. Most newer video cards can be tweaked to output in HDTV standard resolutions, my desktop is currently 1280x720p, which makes my Cineos into a REALLY impressive 55" computer monitor. Check in the HTPC forum at AVSForum and read up on it if you are interested. Easiest way is if you have a TV that supports RGBHV input, but if all you have is component, there are numerous RGB-Component convertors out there that you can use. Now i just need a wireless mouse/keyboard combo.. the wires across the living room floor are getting dangerous!

Don't forget DVI, that is also quite easy to setup. (should add depending on the tv).

possible, i've heard of a lot of problems trying to get DVI to work though. You can't tweak the timings on DVI usually, and custom resolution do not work. Most video cards ask the TV what resolutions it can handle, and for compatabillity reasons, the tv responds with 640*480, 800*600, and 1024*768. That is it. So you can't use the TV in it's native resolution (at least i could find no way to) This is why I suggested the RGBHV. Electrically, the DVI works great, but the picture quality, because of the TV rescaling, is horrible.

The way i do it is like this:

ATI 9800pro 256 meg vid card used with a ATI DVI to component switch very small in size and allows for HDTV to be passed from computer thru vid out of the dvi side and converts from dvi to component.

I have mine set to always display 1920x1080 res and works awsome for dvds and games if pc has enough power to game at that res.

dvds are all upconverted to 1080i format and look better than using a standard dvd player with progressive scan.

I'm waiting for the Bravo D3 to come out, my PC only has a 900 mhz processor and will play WM9 HD files at half speed.

SystemHalt said:

ATI 9800pro 256 meg vid card used with a ATI DVI to component switch very small in size and allows for HDTV to be passed from computer thru vid out of the dvi side and converts from dvi to component.

I have mine set to always display 1920x1080 res and works awsome for dvds and games if pc has enough power to game at that res.

dvds are all upconverted to 1080i format and look better than using a standard dvd player with progressive scan.

How does small text look when running at 1080i? I am just curious how bad the interlacing affects readability. Obviously it wouldn't really matter for games, but I do know that the text on my 720p screen is beautiful. Also, the interlaced screen would be limited to 30fps also, I know most games i play run at the full 60fps at 720p for me, which is simply beautiful. VERY lifelike... Not like I'm going toswitch, as my tv only does 720, just curious how it works.

while i would agree that you probably can't see 60fps, there is definately a difference between playing games at 30 and games at 60. The motion is so smooth, that it really does trick the eyes into seeing real motion.

Well guys,

Here is my experiment to watch the T2 HD DVD. Which probably won't work due to the MS WMP DRM with T2 and other reasons (i.e. memory).

I'm in the middle of a xbox modification

The goal is to have an all in one HD DVD player/game player/computer.

I installed the mod chip.

I still need to load linux, load MS WMP using an linux emulator, network the x-box, get the T2 DVD, run a test.

With alot of luck I will watch T2 in 720P and/or 1080i this weekend.

SystemHalt said:

How much is the ATI card?

I don't think you're going to get 1080i. The XBox just doesn't have enough CPU power. It takes a fairly hefty 2.4ghz or above for clean playback.

You can do 720p on XBOX. I've seen that, and it isn't out of the ordinary, but if you manage to actually get 1080i out of it, that would be the first I've ever heard of that happening.

HeavyC said:
You can do 720p on XBOX. I've seen that, and it isn't out of the ordinary, but if you manage to actually get 1080i out of it, that would be the first I've ever heard of that happening.

It also puts out 1080i.
I have a 1080i game called Siberia.

Hell, if I get 720p it is good enough for me. My original plan was just to get 480p but that was before I new anything about HD.

PBHDinSD said:
How is enter the Matrix? Is it worth it

Not really. It just has bad gameplay and it's VERY REPETITIVE. BTW, I don't think Panzer Dragoon is 1080i. I think it's Dragon's Lair and MX Unleashed that are 1080i. EAs most recent bMLB game is 720p and look great also. Syberia is the most beautiful console game ever. It's worth the rental to just play through and enjoy the scenery.

CraziFuzzy said:
possible, i've heard of a lot of problems trying to get DVI to work though. You can't tweak the timings on DVI usually, and custom resolution do not work. Most video cards ask the TV what resolutions it can handle, and for compatabillity reasons, the tv responds with 640*480, 800*600, and 1024*768. That is it. So you can't use the TV in it's native resolution (at least i could find no way to) This is why I suggested the RGBHV. Electrically, the DVI works great, but the picture quality, because of the TV rescaling, is horrible.

Guess DVI varies for people, probably depending on the tv. My RPTV it works great. Not sure why custom resolutions do not work. I think run any variety up to 540p through DVI (960x540 -- 950x500 to get rid of overscan for example). Powerstrip is needed sometimes to get those resolutions though. My advice would be to search through avsforums (any other places) and gather info on the device and the connection you are trying to make. DVI is the cheapest way to test (short dvi cable can be had online pretty cheap now), so it is always a good place to start, and if you have problems, then move on to RGBHV/transcoder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)