TerreStar Purchases Echostars 1.4GHz spectrum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They would have to develop a whole new type of antenea and I dont think E* sats throw down a strong enough signal for an omni-directional type antenea to pick it reliably.

Voip

I dunno, maybe it was a specialized system that the military has but they were regular VoIP office phones that most companies have in their office buildings and....we were in the middle of the desert in a country that had no working infastructure...and there was a big sat dish next to the building we were using... :D

That dish next to your building was provided by AT&T for the military in Iraq. The reason you had to manage the number of phones was not because they are IP it is because only a few DS3 pipes were available from the NSS bird it was pointed at.

The broadband internet sucked because of all of the scambling overhead needed to secure the voice traffic. After that only a few T1's worth of bandwidth was available 1.544Mbps x 5....

Sorry its hard working from the middle of know where!

oh ya i know it had to do with managing bandwidth and not IP addresses...I dont think I said anything about IPs but maybe I wasnt very clear...that tends to happen. It also wasnt my job to manage comm. systems....I just used them, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)