Terrible install attempt

LoBridge

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Alamogordo, NM
I just wasted the whole day playing around with Dish... Here is what I emailed to the ceo address...

I have had an install of a ViP622 and Dish 1000 scheduled for today (3/4/06) since early February. The installer showed up at my home at about 2 pm to do the install.

When we were talking about the install I told him that I wanted the 622 hooked up to TV 1 and a second line run to another TV in my home. I had specified this with the CSA when I placed the order - it was one of the primary reasons I wanted the 622. I got 3 phone calls earlier this week confirming the install and EACH TIME I specifically asked about the second room install and if I should run the coax wiring or if the installer would do it. Each time I was assured that the installer would take care of it.

A gentlemen called me (Javier - (915) 443-6872) and told me that the work order only specified a single room install and that I needed to call Dish to get the second room added. I then called your company and talked to a very friendly tech support rep (I did not get her name) for well over 30 minutes. About 3 minutes into the call she asked to talk to the installer. When I went out front to give him the phone he was gone - he never indicated that he was going to leave, he just left.

The rest of the 30 minutes was spent getting the work order amended and finding out where the installer was. After several calls your tech rep told me that she had to get a hold of the manager and that the installer was only blocks away doing a simple single-dish install and would be right back. Well over an hour later (after 4 pm) he had still not returned. I then called tech support again and was told that my install was scheduled for March 23rd!

After several minutes I was transferred to Jeannine from the Albuquerque office (800-799-3246 x3034) who wanted to know why I was calling about a March 23rd install today. After I explained the situation to her she said she would look into it and get right back to me. At 5:07 PM Javier called to tell me that they were unable to do my install on the 2nd television because I had an attic and they did not do attic installs. I told him that if they would leave me the coax cable I would do that part of the install myself. He then said the installer would be back shortly to do the install.

At 6:45 PM I called Jeannine back to see where the installer was. She called Javier who called me at 7:00 PM to say that the other install had gone bad and that they would have to schedule for another day. As it stands we are going to try this again Monday. Javier did volunteer to pay my bill next month.

I understand that problems arise and not everything is under your control, but I see NO reason why the installer ever left my home after arriving. I also don't understand why I had to consistently call to get any information. If the installer was going to be detained I should have been notified.

I will await your reply and follow up with information about my install on Monday - if they bother to arrive.

The two room install should be pretty much for certain as this is the main reason why people get dual tuner receivers. And by the way, what's so much trouble about running a second coax line through the house?

ralfyguy said:
The two room install should be pretty much for certain as this is the main reason why people get dual tuner receivers. And by the way, what's so much trouble about running a second coax line through the house?

Well, last time I had one of the old dual tuner to one TV jobs that was wrong, I had to call dish TWICE to get it straight. The first time, they added the second tuner, alright, but the douchebag CSR changed the 625 to a 322 (WTF?). I found that out when I called dispatch. Dish is so sh!tty about this that we have to call our dispatch to make sure those aholes do what they are supposed to, and then we can call to activate........

Anyway, I wouldn't have left, but I wouldn't let the customer modify that work order, either. If it isn't done right, I won't get paid. Last thing I need is for a customer to give up on a crappy CSR, and lie to me about it.

Today was almost as much fun... The installer called at 9:00 AM to ask if I wanted the system installed today or on the 23rd. I told him today and he said he was heading out of ElPaso and would be here at about 11:00. He arrived at 12:45 and started the install - no real problem so far.

When I talked to him about the install I asked him about the dpp44 Switch and he said he had everything needed for the install. Over an hour later he told me that he didn't have the dpp44 switch and would have to run a 2nd line to get my 148 feed but would set up the other sats first. After messing with the wires for another hour he told me that he needed the dpp44 switch and that they were on backorder and he had other installs to do. He said he could hook up ONE of the tuners on the 622 but that I would have 110, 119 and 148 - not 129.

I told him I would prefer to get 129 instead of 148 and he said he could do that. An hour later he had the system running with the Dish 1000 on 110, 119 and 129. He authorized the receiver and said it would take a while for the programming to come online and that he had other jobs to do so he left.

When the programming came on line my HD locals (off 129) would not work correctly - they were breaking up and blacking out. I checked the install screen and saw that the 129 sat signal was under 50%!

After placing half a dozen calls I finally ended up getting ahold of the supervisor who said he was on his way to my town and would be at my home shortly. This was at about 4:30 PM. At 5:30 I called him to find out were he was. He asked when the latest they could come was! I told them that I was a 24 addict and that I needed it up by 7 PM - he said it was not a problem.

At 7:35 a team of 3 installers arrived and spent 20 minutes getting the signal strengths to reasonable limits. (110-80%, 119-95%, 129-70%) I then asked when I could expect the rest of the install to be completed and he said that he had no idea when he would get the new switches in and that he would call me!

I'm not holding my breath...

This is what happens when they cant get enough inventory, the new d1000's are a majour pain to tune in correctly, a second, third or even fourth dish is needed to get all programming, and daily numbers must be met, welcome to the corporation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)