Test Transmission on PAS-9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dynomax

Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Hi all,

I would like to have some constructive feedback regarding a test
transmission we are now carrying on PAS-9 23C. Right now it's some looped, but interesting, content from a local production house.

Sat: PAS-9, 58 W
C-Band Freq: 4143.50MHz
L-Band: 1006.50 MHz
FEC: 7/8
Sym.: 2.2056 MSps
Pol: Vertical
Encryption: None
Network ID: 1
Mode: non-PowerVu

If responding, please include Location, Signal Level, Receiver Type and any
other comments to assist us with tweaking the setup.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hello Chris and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.FTA forum :welcome

I am sure the guys here will be glad to help. Any chance of filling us in on what kind of content and if the channel will remain FTA. The web site looks very interesting......

http://www.hypetvjam.com/

PSB said:
Hello Chris and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.FTA forum :welcome

I am sure the guys here will be glad to help. Any chance of filling us in on what kind of content and if the channel will remain FTA. The web site looks very interesting......

Thanks for your warm welcome.

The content will mainly be Caribbean-flavored entertainment including music videos, special functions, parties, interviews.. I would love to give you more insight but I'm more the technical guy handling the transmission stuff. Marketing hasn't released any details yet. I can check for more concrete info and pass it on.

I don't know if it will remain FTA. Again, I mostly handle the technical stuff. Right now, a DVD is in loop. By tomorrow evening there 'should' be a changeover to some ASI gear to feed directly from the production facility.

I joined the forum because I think it would be interesting to hear how others around the world view our transmission. PAS9 has a wide enough area to reach the areas we need to cover.

BTW, we are located in Jamaica.

Chris

baya said:
I guess KU band people are out of the picture. Oh well!!!

Sorry. We have too much rain in our region to go with Ku; fades are really bad :(

I'm in California with a 7 1/2 foot mesh dish. I can see a tiny little signal on the spectrum analyzer, but my receivers can't lock your channel. I can receive the other signals on that transponder fine. Your signal is very weak.

photoman76 said:
I'm in California with a 7 1/2 foot mesh dish. I can see a tiny little signal on the spectrum analyzer, but my receivers can't lock your channel. I can receive the other signals on that transponder fine. Your signal is very weak.

Thanks photoman..

That is one of the things I wanted to know..We are not transmitting at full power due to a faulty BUC. We are at about 2.5 dB short on power until the replacement BUC gets here :(

BTW, what latitude are you? Reason is that at about 18N, signal is fine on a 10 ft mesh.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Chris

I can't see it all on my 5' mesh.

I'm in Phoenix, AZ - 112.1W, 33.7N

I'm not seeing so much as a flicker of quality. The dish is a 5' winegard Mesh. The receiver is a Pansat 3500s.

I'm still fine tuning my dish - I'll update if I make any progress catching your transmission.

No sign of it in Phoenix, AZ (112.1W / 33.7N).

The dish is a 5' Winegard mesh, the receiver is a Pansat 3500s. From the sounds of it the 5' dish would have been marginal at best anyways. I'll keep an eye out for the signal.

For reference, I get 3840V (Venevisión Continental) at 49%-59% Quality.

Chris,

You guys must have turned up the power.

I'm now receiving your signal on my 71/2 foot dish in San Jose, CA.

There is occasional minor pixelation, but otherwise it looks good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MicroBudding with a dinged 1.2M (and bonus question)

Ariza 750 cx "Scrambled or bad channels"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)