Testing Enhanced Weather

kd4ulw

Original poster
Nov 3, 2006
Indiana
Had Weather Channel 214 on and during the normal broadcast (not the 8's) up popped a blue interactive bar labeled 'Test'. I pressed 'select' and up popped my local weather info.

When I tried to exit from this, the screen went black and sort of froze, had to channel up and back down.

At least it seems they are working on getting it released!

Had Weather Channel 214 on and during the normal broadcast (not the 8's) up popped a blue interactive bar labeled 'Test'. I pressed 'select' and up popped my local weather info.

When I tried to exit from this, the screen went black and sort of froze, had to channel up and back down.

At least it seems they are working on getting it released!

Around 521pm, Tue 6-26-07 noticed the "blue dish icon with the word test" pressed select and it loaded the instant weather that you would find from ch. 100 dish home. I guess this is not the "local" weather that Scott showed awhile back.
The icon was located on the bottom of the screen. Checked this on the 622 unit.
rolou21.

Does not do much good when the Dish goes down anytime it rains

Need to check your alignment. I live in NEbr. and we get some seriose rain at time and I loose signal only two or three times a year for a short time. We ahve the SAT on a lot too. most of my losses actually come during extremly heavy snow fall ( no it is not snow on the dish, that is a difforent issue).

Good news that the 8's is coming to the weather channel, I for one will like this! First thing I usually do when I get up in the morn, get a coffee and look at the weather channel! :) About time!!

When it is finally entirely finished, will we have to press a button, or will the local weather pop up by itself during the " 8's " ??

When you see the icon you will have to press the select button on your remote in order to see your local weather.

It usually prompts for the test at :04, :14, :24, :34, :44, and :54 which are all well ahead of Local on the 8's. I have a 322 and all it does is launch the banner that has the Local Conditions.

Nothing for prompting it to start a slideshow for Local on the 8's as we have seen posted here in previous previews of this.

When it is finally entirely finished, will we have to press a button, or will the local weather pop up by itself during the " 8's " ??

When you press the button do you see the application or the video like cable does? I hope it it the video, the application really does not give any info.

It usually prompts for the test at :04, :14, :24, :34, :44, and :54 which are all well ahead of Local on the 8's. I have a 322 and all it does is launch the banner that has the Local Conditions.

Nothing for prompting it to start a slideshow for Local on the 8's as we have seen posted here in previous previews of this.

You stand correct on this, the "tests" are running 4 minutes before the actual local on the 8's hits. And from what I saw, I hope that this is not what we have have been waiting (delayed) for. It shows the exact same local weather on ch. 100 dish home. I thought that what scott showed it would have mutiple screens which included a red screen for severe weather statement....rolou21.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)