Text to speech not reading on demand choices On hopper three.

Kd0ess

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2020
Monroe la
I’m probably gonna be one of the only ones who are experiencing this issue, if not the only one, but maybe it will get fixed. When I go in on demand, with the text to speech option turned on under accessibility, I can go through to networks, such as stars, or Showtime, but when I click on the network, all I get is row one column 1, 1 of 5 for example.
In essence it doesn’t actually read the choices that are on the screen, for example, the titles of the movies, or the titles of the shows. When I click on the show, not knowing what it is of course, it will tell me the episode name, and the synopsis of it, but then I have to kind of guess what show I’ve clicked on. It used to work though a few months ago, but now it hasn’t for a while. Anybody else having this issue? I suppose for most of you, turning on text to speech would be kind of annoying, but I would appreciate it if somebody would do that, and report back what they find.

Thanks everybody for checking, at least I know it’s not me. Now what, if anything, can we do about this? It took them forever to fix the accessibility issues with voiceover and dish anywhere on iOS… Hopefully they will do something someday. :)

I wonder if this issue has anything to do with the re-design of the On Demand menu system earlier this year. The old tiles had text below each tile. In the new layout, it is just icons, with no text below them. So, I wonder if the text-to-speech feature is still looking for the text that used to be below each tile, and not finding it, since it is no longer there.

I wonder if this issue has anything to do with the re-design of the On Demand menu system earlier this year. The old tiles had text below each tile. In the new layout, it is just icons, with no text below them. So, I wonder if the text-to-speech feature is still looking for the text that used to be below each tile, and not finding it, since it is no longer there.
That makes perfect sense. Obviously things still have text under them, such as in the network tab, because I know where I am there. I wonder what we can do at this point, I’m kind of doubting that they’re going to design the menu system again. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)