Thank you Dish DVR :-(

B_Kranski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2007
Holmen, WI
Looks like two events I had scheduled to record did not record tonight. One was the Brewers most inportant game in 26 years. I planned on coming home after work today to be able to see this. Not there. I looked in the schedule and it said it completed and then I looked at another event that was scheduled same thing, both on 2nd tuner. Both MIA? I can't believe I will not get to watch the most important game in Brewers history :-( Is there any way to get it? Since it said it recorded?

VIP722
Thanks in advance, Bill

Have had a similar issue showing up on a 510. Records a show. Son even watched the recording. Next day, not in the list of recorded shows. Soon to be replaced.

Only item that was odd, was that my son said the dvr was frozen when he turned on the TV to watch the recording. He reset the box and watched the recording when it came back up. Next morning I went to watch it. It was gone.

Only item that was odd, was that my son said the dvr was frozen when he turned on the TV to watch the recording. He reset the box and watched the recording when it came back up. Next morning I went to watch it. It was gone.

it sounds like it was an unprotected recording with low disk space left on the DVR. That's what happens to me and my 625 when an event gets recorded and I have less than 3 hours disk space left - it will delete one of the unprotected events to ensure enough room for the newly recording event.

I have had DVR issues over the last week, though. You hit the "SELECT" button and the channel info banner will show, but the screen will be black (or a event that needs to be recording isn't), almost like the 625 is frozen up. If you do a reboot (press power and hold power button on receiver until it starts resetting), it'll come up fine after a few minutes and start recording the event if you are still in the record time window. I missed the early BASEBALL TONIGHT on Sunday since I had to figure out why it wasn't recording the event I set up, but I did get the show later in the evening after I had fixed things.

p.s. to the OP, you can watch the brewers game probably on a replay on FSN-Wisc (if they do replays) or watch it in the MLB.TV archives (800K stream is pretty good quality when you spool it from your PC to a TV to watch from the sofa or comfy chair).

As far as space on mine...I had over 37 hours of HD available yet. They don't do replays on Dish's FSN Wisconsin, because they don't carry FSN wisconsin, only the games. :-( and with MLB.tv I am assuming you must buy the MLB.tv package correct? Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts