Thank you Dish for the OTA guide info

I agree, I have been going in circles with Dish since for the same 4 years and they never did have an answer. I even sent messages to Dish Quality at Echostar and while very responsive, they did not have an answer either. Of course, my e-mail yesterday might have caused the fix but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I agree, I have been going in circles with Dish since for the same 4 years and they never did have an answer. I even sent messages to Dish Quality at Echostar and while very responsive, they did not have an answer either. Of course, me e-mail yesterday might have caused the fix but I doubt it.

I have had at least a dozen chats, calls and e-mails to CEO over the years so maybe the cummulative effect worked.

Now the long wait for HD locals from Dish.....:)

Did some legal dispute get settled recently? I'm having the same issue with only 1 of 4 locals in Idaho, but it's due to some standoff with E* and the Local provider.

Didn't Charlottesville local channels just get turned on by Dish? That could be your reason right there. If they didn't have local channels on the satellite, they wouldn't have listings.

I have had C-ville locals from the start. Now, they are in three places. The old 7000 numbers (I think 7000 but either way, 4 digit numbers) and two sets of 029-01 style numbers. The yellow OTA channels and new Dish channels. It is the addition of these channels I think added the guide info as now the numbers are the same.

Charlottesville now has OTA guide info, been doing without it for 4 years but today it finally showed up. :D

Longtime lurker to this site.

Consider yourself lucky to be getting locals via E*. I have OTA from C’ville and Richmond so it isn’t that I need to receive them from E* (my package has them included and I’m getting a $5 credit each month because I can’t get 129), but I would like to have the guide for lots of reasons. Before they switched from 105? to 129 last summer I had the guide. I’ve had 4 different service techs come to my home and they all told me I couldn’t get 129 and that I was SOL. The last installer in the fall mentioned the coming of Eastern Arc but as of yet nothing has happened. Who knows if anything ever will. All of my techs mentioned there were lots in the C’ville area that couldn’t get 129 and they were notifying E*. How Richmond got locals put on 61.5 and we got stuck with 129 is beyond me. This has been extremely frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts