Thanks Dish Store! (922 lower price)

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I just wanted to give a public thanks to Claude and Co. at Dishstore.net. I ordered the 922 through them last week at the $639 price and they called this morning (before it was posted here) and said they are lowering the price and refunding the difference back to me!

Thanks!

New price at $539, probably worth the extra $139 if Dish is going to charge you $400 for the upgrade plus 2 year commit. Makes buying a lot better proposition.

He must be taking a thin margin on them. I wonder what the dealer cost is... $499?

Or did Dish just lower their price?

I still don't see the allure of paying that much for something you can lease. Nothing 'more advanced' will be out by the end of a 24 month contract. As a matter of fact, with Dish the 922 will probably just have all it's original features enabled by then :)

*Edit*... It's 549 at Solid Signal, so something is up with the price going down.

Or maybe he is getting a little commision for activation on them and having a hard time moving them at the higher price. He probably had to compete.

Its really a matter of inventory that caused us to lower the price, when the 922's where initially released we ordered about $25,000 worth of product figuring they where going to be in short supply getting them from Dish.

Over the past few week, there is no issues getting them from Dish and they have plenty of inventory, and I only need to stock about $3,000 worth of 922 inventory to keep up with demand because it only takes 1 day to get them from DISH.

By lowering the price we can hopefully move the product that we have now faster, and with the increase in demand at the lower price we will make more profit in the long run to off-set things. Also I can get the cash back from the product im holding in inventory right now.

Before we made this decision, when we pulled the list of customers that had bought a 922 from us, I noticed alot of familier names of loyal customers who had bought from us in the past. I figured it was just the right thing to do, because we really do value our customers and want the repeat business.

One thing I should point out is that a few of our competitors also lowered the prices on their 922's also. I wonder if they refunded their customers the difference in price also?

Its really a matter of inventory that caused us to lower the price, when the 922's where initially released we ordered about $25,000 worth of product figuring they where going to be in short supply getting them from Dish.

Over the past few week, there is no issues getting them from Dish and they have plenty of inventory, and I only need to stock about $3,000 worth of 922 inventory to keep up with demand because it only takes 1 day to get them from DISH.

By lowering the price we can hopefully move the product that we have now faster, and with the increase in demand at the lower price we will make more profit in the long run to off-set things. Also I can get the cash back from the product im holding in inventory right now.

Before we made this decision, when we pulled the list of customers that had bought a 922 from us, I noticed alot of familier names of loyal customers who had bought from us in the past. I figured it was just the right thing to do, because we really do value our customers and want the repeat business.

One thing I should point out is that a few of our competitors also lowered the prices on their 922's also. I wonder if they refunded their customers the difference in price also?

I highly doubt that anyone beyond yourself refunded anyone without them complaining. That was a very nice thing to do.

Thanks for explaining the facts as well.

Anytime I need satellite stuff, you will always get my business.

Sounds like DISH is having a bit of trouble moving the 922 receivers like they thought they would, and they lowered the price to make it more attractive. As far as I can tell this receiver is still not ready for purchase , with no tv 2 out or sling to tv 2 in hd yet. No computer browser as promised last year either and no ability to use the external hard drive for archiving or viewing, for now. Maybe once the hd media extender is available for sale and if it is reasonable in price, they might have more demand from the public. I will wait on this one .

I am leaning more towards the tv everywhere adapter and hd media extender for my existing 722k. Because as it stands right now , the 722k can do a bit more than the 922 can . I only wish that DISH would give the vip receivers the same guides , channel logos , volume leveling software, etc as the 922. I know , wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which one you get first.:p

Yeah, I want the 922's interface (don't even care about the Sling) but with the 722's Home Distribution port that feeds my 4 non-HD TV's scattered around the home. Without that, the 922's useless (at least to me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)