Thanks for all the help.... we're gonna go with DISH!!! Some final questions...

maggiep67

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Ok. So after all the great info I received on this board and learning a few more things, we have decided to switch to DISH!! Of course, hubby is in a panic because he has about 30 things on our DVR that he hasn't watched yet!!!! I may schedule for next week to buy him some time.

So excited though. After comparing channels between Uverse and DISH, we only lost 4 channels (nothing we can't live without) and even though we will lose a few HD channels, it's still worth the switch. There are deals right now for free install & boxes & 3 months of premiums so that part is good too!

We live near Sacramento. We are planning on requesting two hoppers and two joeys. Probably will skip the slingbox. We will most likely go with the America's Everything Pak. Still a little confusing about the ala carte but I think that package includes everything but sports. I think we need to get those separately, correct? I am confused about what exactly the Everything has (it sounds like... EVERYTHING but I'm not real clear).

What is the issue with OTA? I don't know exactly what that is (over-the-air would be my guess) and/or if it is something I should worry about (but I see it mentioned here quite a bit). Any thing else I should request or ask before I commit?

Thanks,
Maggie

You will get some sports (can't answer as to what sports you may want since you did not say) as ESPN group amd your local rsn(s), many confuse which since the website will list all unless you qualify your local channels. OTA may get some some local channels not carried by Dish and on another tuner which may ease up some scheduling conflicts depending on how much you dvr/view, so it may be worth checking into what you can get and equipment needed to get them at tvfool.com.

The Everything Pack is most definitely not everything Dish offers. It's American's Top 250 + the four premium movie channel packages: HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime. There are various a la carte channels, sports packages, Blockbuster@home, and international channels/packages, that are not part of the Everything pack.

With the OTA dongle, you can tune in and record broadcast TV channels e.g. in HD that are not yet on Dish (in HD, or not at all), and all of your broadcast TV subchannels. Few if any of these subchannels are carried by Dish.

If you or Husband watches the local Pro teams please be sure you will get them with Dish. And be aware there could be some games not in HD, though most probably will be. Again depending on how much you are into sports, yoy may want to know it's possible games not blacked out with Uverse would be with Dish or just not carried. (I suppose could be the other way around too....) Maybe someone near or in your zip code will answer about sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)