Thanks Guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

torg0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Hi there!

Even though I just joined, i've been coming here for the past month gathering info to help me set up my new motorized FTA dish. It took me a while, but with the help of the posts here, I was able to finally get signals from SBS6-IA7. And, i'm LOVING every minute of it!!

I do have a question that I cannot find covered here.

After doing a blind scan, channels pop up that have no signal at all. And while checking signal strenght in setup, some TP's have 90% sq and some have 0.

I have a universal lnbf. If I switched to a standard, would this improve?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Mike

Hello and Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

What you are seeing is normal and changing the LNBF will not really help.

Some channels/TP. are just carriers with no picture, others will only be broadcasting a few minutes a day so there will be no signal present unless you sit there the whole day waiting for something to happen.

Thanks Pete!

I was hoping I didn't do something wrong.

I'm having such a good time with this, I want to get everything I can out of it.

Mike

Its always a good idea to have a 2nd/standard LNBF anyway.
As is a Dishnotwork/DirecTV LNB. Universal LNBF's are great as long as they are low noise, I have 3-4 here that are near useless. Yes this hobby gets kind of addictive after you find one FTA channel you want them ALL : )

Happy Hunting!

charper1 said:
there will be many channels and transponders that are scrambled or encrypted, is this the issue?

At first I thought it was, but then figured that anything with a $ was scrambled, so I deleted them from my channel list.

I'm playing with the radio end now, and noticed there are some $ radio signals too.

This is sooo cool.

Thanks,
Mike

i know when i scan FTA only TANTV channels wont come in but when i scan all it does, even though its listed as scrambled

the church type channels on AMC4 (101) do that too. I wondered why 3ABN would never come in, because I was picking FTA only and not all

now I just say "scan all"

Try pointing at 119 W and see what you get in terms of radio stuff. I only tried with a DDS LNBF.

torg0 said:
At first I thought it was, but then figured that anything with a $ was scrambled, so I deleted them from my channel list.

I'm playing with the radio end now, and noticed there are some $ radio signals too.

This is sooo cool.

Thanks,
Mike

$

I see a lot of $ and can receive them, my 4tec has 3 settings on it: FTA, All+D and All. When I choose All+D, I get different stuff then when I scan All ! :confused: Most say Scrambled or Bad, but some of the $ ones comes thru. Could this be just a Fluke? I am using a Universal LNBF from Fortec, I started with a Lnb fron D''''T' but switched after PSB told me I would receive more with the Universal and He is RiGhT !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts