Thanks, SatelliteGuys!

JMikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
The land of the dead
:D :D :D
Here's the skinny:
Currently, I have 2 Dishes (old) feeding an 811 and 501. After reading about the 622, I decided now's the time to upgrade to a HD-PVR. I called the main Dish line, and the CR told me I was not eligible for the special 622 upgrade until June. For what reason - who the hell knows!

So I said Goodbye. Screw Dish :mad:

Then, I remembered the special SatelliteGuys 800 number, and I tried it. Wow, what a different experience. The CR said of course I was eligible, and even though I didn't have a qualifying HD PVR for the $200 rebate, she could give me a $25 credit on my account when I return the 811. No doubt I can get more via eBay, but what a decent gesture. :)

Installtion is scheduled for next Friday.
Thanks, SatelliteGuys!

JMikeF said:
:D :D :D
Here's the skinny:
Currently, I have 2 Dishes (old) feeding an 811 and 501. After reading about the 622, I decided now's the time to upgrade to a HD-PVR. I called the main Dish line, and the CR told me I was not eligible for the special 622 upgrade until June. For what reason - who the hell knows!

So I said Goodbye. Screw Dish :mad:

Then, I remembered the special SatelliteGuys 800 number, and I tried it. Wow, what a different experience. The CR said of course I was eligible, and even though I didn't have a qualifying HD PVR for the $200 rebate, she could give me a $25 credit on my account when I return the 811. No doubt I can get more via eBay, but what a decent gesture. :)

Installtion is scheduled for next Friday.
Thanks, SatelliteGuys!

Congratulations on receiving decent customer service from Dish. I think we're very fortunate to have enough leverage with this web site to get Dish to offer this kind of service. Now let's get this site up to 100,000 members...then we'll really have some leverage. ;)

Do you think I could call this number when I want to activate the 622 I just recieved from dishstore.net? I dread having to play csr roulette when I get his thing hooked up...

It can't hurt. Give it a shot. The worst that they can say is that they can't help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)