Thanks to person who suggested laptop cooler!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChairBound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Spotsylvania, VA
I cannot find the thread now, but I wanted to thank the person who suggested placing a laptop cooer under the Hopper. My cooler arrived today and I placed it under the Hooper and plugged the USB fan into one of the Hoppers USB ports. There was an immediate difference in the amount of heat coming off the bottom of the Hopper. It is almost cool to the touch now. Before, you could cook an egg on that baby! I got the CoolerMaster NotePal X-Slim and after a rebate, it will have cost me $3.99 from Buy.com. It is very quiet and has a nice big enclosed 160mm fan that moves 70 CFM of air. It works just as well flat (important for the Hopper) as it would with the back tilt legs extended. It also has a pass-thru USB connector so that you could still use the USB port it is plugged into for something else if you wanted. It will only use the top USB port though if you are using a HD cable. Whoever made this suggestion was a genius and I thank you. I got my thumbnails back after using this, and though I doubt it is the reason why, it is still a possibility that lowering the heat of the unit may have helped I guess. Either way, I am glad I did this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)