That "Mosquito Noise" Sure Can Cause Problems

GooberVoomer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Me and Golmer was watching the NFL professional football game last night on my new high definition television set when we thought we saw some of that mosquito noise that I heard about in this forum. Well, we called the station up at Mount Pilot and they said to try spraying some "Off" in our room. When that didn't work, they said to turn off the TV for a couple of hours and then "re-boot" it. When we turned it back on, sure enough, the mosquito noise was gone, but the football game was over. Shucks, sometimes I wish I still had my 27 inch Philco with rabbit ears. Things was a lot simpler back then.

Goob,

These new-fangled thingamabobs have me all discombobulated too.
You boys hadn't been in Aunt Bea's rheumatiz medicine, had you?

;)

Goob,

Me and the wife, formerly Miss Malone...the love of my life, I must say!, have discovered that VOOM mosquitos taste just like chicken. When the mosquito noise becomes excessive, we round up the little suckers and toss 'em in the deep fryer. VOOM is much better with fried mosquito than it is with mosquito noise.

Next time we're down in Mount Pilot, we'll bring us along some of that there fried mosquito and meet up for a picnic at Myers lake. Let's invite Barney & Thelma Lou and all the Mayberry gang. So don't ferget to bring your fishin' pole, cuz we're meetin' at the fishin' hole. :)

Your little buddy,
Ed Grimley

Attachments

• MosquitoNoiseHD.gif
    MosquitoNoiseHD.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 178
You were watching NFL last night it wasn't even HD, you were getting them corn fed 'squitos. Wait until you get that 1080i finite 'quator 'skeeters all up in your sac.

GooberVoomer said:
Me and Golmer was watching the NFL professional football game last night on my new high definition television set when we thought we saw some of that mosquito noise that I heard about in this forum. Well, we called the station up at Mount Pilot and they said to try spraying some "Off" in our room. When that didn't work, they said to turn off the TV for a couple of hours and then "re-boot" it. When we turned it back on, sure enough, the mosquito noise was gone, but the football game was over. Shucks, sometimes I wish I still had my 27 inch Philco with rabbit ears. Things was a lot simpler back then.
Wasnt voom doing it. It was your local affiliate.

8/20 HD Cinema Premiere Movies

NBC Olympic Coverage: HD Coverage Delay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)