The 2009-2010 College Basketball on Multi-Sports Pack Thread

So whats a guy to do if he wants to watch Big 12 Basketball, more specifically KU?

Lot's of their early games are on the Big 12 network. Is it possible to subscribe to distant locals, like Topeka, KS; I am in Arkansas?

The Big 12 Network games are not blacked out on Altitude, but Full Court would be a safer bet if you want the most games possible. In my experience only the FSN and "University of X Network" games that most Big 12 schools seem to have are blacked out.

So whats a guy to do if he wants to watch Big 12 Basketball, more specifically KU?

Lot's of their early games are on the Big 12 network. Is it possible to subscribe to distant locals, like Topeka, KS; I am in Arkansas?

commodore_dude is correct. The Multi-Sports Pack has Altitude, which is a Big 12 Network affiliate. However, to be safe, ESPN FC is the better (albeit much more expensive!) alternative.

This seems to be a mixed bag. I have yet to have any Big East Network broadcast be blacked out for me on MASN, SNY etc, but FSN Ohio is blacked out for Toledo @ Ball State right now. The odd thing is it isn't blacked out on the FSN Indiana alternate (447).

Same here. Big East Network games are almost always on some RSN. I don't believe a single Big East game on SNY or MASN has been blacked out yet. As you pointed out, it also pays to check the alternate sports channels in the 440s to 470s. Many times games which are otherwise blacked out will be in the clear. In fact, I believe people who don't even subscribe to the Multi-Sports Pack should get those alternate sports channels and can get some extra games that way.

Its my understanding that Big West and WCC games are blacked outside of their respective territories.

Yet, teh CSN California games of St Marys, Santa Clara, USF etc have not been blacked out for you?

tjguitar,

Correct. I have been getting some WCC games in the clear. I'm not sure what the pattern is, because I sure don't see one!

Summary of results for the week of January 11-January 17, 2010 (Week 10):

Total RSN Games: 49
Games in the Clear: 39
Games Blacked Out: 10
% in the Clear: 79.59%
Total Full Court Games: 30
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 15
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 15

Summary of the results through Week 10:

Total RSN Games: 423
Games in the Clear: 338
Games Blacked Out: 85
% in the Clear: 79.91%
Total Full Court Games: 197
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 95
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 102

I'm watching the Tennessee and Georgia women's game and it looks so much better on FS Tennessee and Sun than it does on FS South. I no longer have the multisports pack, but I get those alternates and it is sad how bad FS South looks. You'd think the full time channels would get better data rates if they have the capacity for the alternates. I'm watching on FS Tennessee. Looks like a Georgia win. Sadly.

Summary of results for the week of January 18-January 14, 2010 (Week 11):

Total RSN Games: 59
Games in the Clear: 49
% in the Clear: 83.05%
Total Full Court Games: 37
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 20
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 17

Summary of the results through Week 11:

Total RSN Games: 482
Games in the Clear: 387
Games Blacked Out: 95
% in the Clear: 80.29%
Total Full Court Games: 234
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 115
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 119

I have noticed a recurring theme this year involving Colorado Buffaloes games, ESPN Full Court, and DISH Network. In quite a few instances this year, Matt Sarz has listed Colorado games as being available through ESPN Full Court. When I go to check the DISH ESPN FC schedule and my 722k's guide, these Colorado games are not shown in either place. Does DISH have some kind of issue with the Colorado program or the Big 12, or is something else going on here? Matt, I know you read this thread from time to time (and I'll try to tweet this to you if I remember), but do you have any insight as to what the issue is?

Summary of results for the week of January 25-January 31, 2010 (Week 12):

Total RSN Games: 53
Games in the Clear: 44
Games Blacked Out: 9
% in the Clear: 83.02%
Total Full Court Games: 29
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 14

Summary of the results through Week 12:

Total RSN Games: 535
Games in the Clear: 431
Games Blacked Out: 104
% in the Clear: 80.56%
Total Full Court Games: 263
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 130
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 133

Summary of results for the week of February 1-February 7, 2010 (Week 13):

Total RSN Games: 57
Games in the Clear: 50
Games Blacked Out: 7
% in the Clear: 87.72%
Total Full Court Games: 40
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 23
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 17

Summary of the results through Week 13:

Total RSN Games: 592
Games in the Clear: 481
Games Blacked Out: 111
% in the Clear: 81.25%
Total Full Court Games: 303
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 153
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 150

This was a very good week in terms of both the number of blackouts and also in the number of Full Court games broadcast in the clear on the Multi-Sport Pack RSNs. This is the first time I can remember this year where the total number of ESPN FC games available in the clear on RSNs has exceeded the number of FC games available only through Full Court for the whole year. Essentially, you can pay DISH 5.99/month for for 5 months, $30 total, to see half of the ESPN Full Court games ($104 for a FC subscription) in the clear on RSNs. That's a good deal for budget conscious college hoops fans. Also remember you can watch all of the other FC games on ESPN360.com if your internet provider has that site available.

Apparently I have ESPN 360, so I can get all these full court games for free - cool! Does ESPN Game Plan work the same way?

Apparently I have ESPN 360, so I can get all these full court games for free - cool! Does ESPN Game Plan work the same way?

Yes it does. ESPN360.com, for those who have it and also can hook their computer up to a TV, is a great service to have during college football and basketball season.

Yes it does. ESPN360.com, for those who have it and also can hook their computer up to a TV, is a great service to have during college football and basketball season.

Perfect! Free out-of-market ABC games for football. :) Apparently 360 doesn't use the TV half time shows though?

Nope. You get some stuff produced by ESPN. 360 doesn't show commercials either.

Yeah but it just goes dead black. I think I'd rather have the commercials than a state of nothingness. :)

They probably cant show highlights or something and that's why it has its own halftime content?

Summary of results for the week of February 8-February 14, 2010 (Week 14):

Total RSN Games: 55
Games in the Clear: 45
% in the Clear: 81.82%
Total Full Court Games: 34
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 20
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 14

Summary of the results through Week 14:

Total RSN Games: 647
Games in the Clear: 526
Games Blacked Out: 121
% in the Clear: 81.30%
Total Full Court Games: 337
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 173
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 164

Summary of results for the week of February 15-February 21, 2010 (Week 15):

Total RSN Games: 52
Games in the Clear: 42
% in the Clear: 80.77%
Total Full Court Games: 33
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 18

Summary of the results through Week 15:

Total RSN Games: 699
Games in the Clear: 568
Games Blacked Out: 131
% in the Clear: 81.26%
Total Full Court Games: 370
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 188
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 182

Summary of results for the week of February 22-February 28, 2010 (Week 16):

Total RSN Games: 63
Games in the Clear: 52
Games Blacked Out: 11
% in the Clear: 82.54%
Total Full Court Games: 29
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 16
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 13

Summary of the results through Week 16:

Total RSN Games: 762
Games in the Clear: 620
Games Blacked Out: 142
% in the Clear: 81.36%
Total Full Court Games: 399
Full Court Games in the Clear on RSNs: 204
Full Court Games Only Available on Full Court: 195

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)