The 39 HD channel mark has been reached!

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
With the introduction of FSFLHD channel 341, VOOM has reached the 39 HD channel mark!
This milestone is important for two reasons:
1. This is the number of channels that was initially promissed.
2. This seems to be the maximum capacity of the current 13 transponders (until the second leased satellite goes into operation in October).

Ilya is that including Olympics in HD? Which could be used for something else later, and channel 999?

Does 341 count? Not everyone gets it. So if you subscribe, you don't necessarily have the option of subscribing to 39 HD channels.

Oh that's true forgot about NFL-HD hopefully showing more than just 1 game a week in HD.. heh

Well, it didn't last too long. But for one evening a new world record has been set! Let's see if VOOM can repeat it again tonight. And yes, I count all HD channels, including 999 and those available in select areas. Actually, with its DNC and RNC broadcasts, 999 has proven to be a real channel, IMO.

Let's see, if you count the OTA channels (because the installation of the antenna by VOOM and the integration with satellite programming allows me to see them) then I am getting 40 channels.

Voom Originals = 21 HDchannels
Va-Voom adds 10 HD movie channels
Others:Bravo, Discovery, TNT,ESPN brings it to 35
OTA = NBC, Fox*, CBS, ABC, PBS brings it to 40

*= HD by Sept. 1 for football.

Add Olympics, FoxFL etc. and you could be getting up to 42 channels right now.

And during this time DirecTV has not added one additional HD channel! They only have
HBO, Show, Espn, Disc., Hdnet & HDnet Movies plus PPV & CBSHD or 8 at the max.

Well if you include the versatile channel 999, then it could be 42!
Did you include playboy? I hear D* and E* are close to adding another SD channel though.

Tvlman said:
Let's see, if you count the OTA channels (because the installation of the antenna by VOOM and the integration with satellite programming allows me to see them) then I am getting 40 channels.

Voom Originals = 21 HDchannels
Va-Voom adds 10 HD movie channels
Others:Bravo, Discovery, TNT,ESPN brings it to 35
OTA = NBC, Fox*, CBS, ABC, PBS brings it to 40

*= HD by Sept. 1 for football.

Add Olympics, FoxFL etc. and you could be getting up to 42 channels right now.

And during this time DirecTV has not added one additional HD channel! They only have
HBO, Show, Espn, Disc., Hdnet & HDnet Movies plus PPV & CBSHD or 8 at the max.
You left out NBCHD will remain on for D* customers after the Olympics.

Ilya said:
With the introduction of FSFLHD channel 341, VOOM has reached the 39 HD channel mark!
This milestone is important for two reasons:
1. This is the number of channels that was initially promissed.
2. This seems to be the maximum capacity of the current 13 transponders (until the second leased satellite goes into operation in October).
Two bad most cant see all of the 39 channels. ANd too bad they werent the channels that were promised, i.e. HDnet or INHD.

vurbano said:
Two bad most cant see all of the 39 channels. ANd too bad they werent the channels that were promised, i.e. HDnet or INHD.
Yep, not exactly what we were hoping for...
Actually, HDnet was never promised. INHD and INHD2 seem to be the only two channels that VOOM failed to deliver, though we did get a few channels that were never promised.

Ilya said:
Actually, HDnet was never promised. INHD and INHD2 seem to be the only two channels that VOOM failed to deliver, though we did get a few channels that were never promised.
What about NBA TV and College Sports TV and don't forget NFL Network HD (NFLVoom)...
And oh yeah, for those who never stop complaining, HGTV........

1) I can't believe someone hopped in here asking for SD channels in a thread about HD again.

2) I get NBC/CBS HD at 19.xx I get ABC and FOX at 14-15 mbps... please stop advocating robbing b/w so that Voom can compress ITS HD channels more, but I can get my locals via Sat.... OTA works fine now.

Well I wont count channels that are PPV, sunday ticket Hd channels, RSN's or distant network feeds for either service. Thats bologna. Infact D*'s top heaviness with those types of channels is a major reason I left. If they had simply expanded the HD channels that everyone could recieve I would still be there. I dont believe RSN's or the Olympic feed was ever in the original list. But INHD1,2 and NBATVHD were. And Voom has failed to deliver them. Its also a little ridiculous to include the Barker in our totals. LMAO

Ilya said:
Id trade, auction, gallery, Moov, Ultra and 5 cinema channels for INHD1 and 2 without a second thought. Of course what do I know? Who am I to question Vooms explosive 30,000 customers in 9 month ? business model. Heaven forbid they end up with 36 instead of that magical 39 number thats gonna make all the subs come runnin.

vurbano said:
Id trade, auction, gallery, Moov, Ultra and 5 cinema channels for INHD1 and 2 without a second thought.
Perhaps they can't, even if they wanted to. The channels that you named are all low-budget channels. My guess is that, all of them combined cost VOOM less than what INHD is asking for.

inhd1,2

inhd1,2 what's on these channels?
If it is sports orientated at all you can keep them.
I watch no sports as I never was a spectator; I am a doer.
Want bandwidth? Give up ESPN and the like.

Equator-HD: Earth Diaries: The Jokhang Temple

EquatorHD is Much Improved Tonight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)