The Amazing Race

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Just watched the 2 hour premier from last night. Good start to a season. That has to be a heartbreaker being eliminated before you even get to leave the start line. And for the poker girls to make a comeback from last to easily safe, wow.

Just watched the 2 hour premier from last night. Good start to a season. That has to be a heartbreaker being eliminated before you even get to leave the start line. And for the poker girls to make a comeback from last to easily safe, wow.

Lakebum,

Sure but usually all the teams off the starting line at the beginning of each leg end up tied up, with a Task at a place that's closed for the day or getting equalized by Airline Flights.

The speed bump was really easy, so as long as they didn't meltdown at one of the next two challenges they were going to catch up.

The herding of the ducks looked pretty easy, but as usual a couple teams got frantic and it caused them huge delays. Yelling back and forth to each other doesn't solve anything.

John

You're right. Most of the time all you have to do for these challenges is stay calm and think about what you're doing before you actually do it.

Can someone out there tell me if The Amazing Race is being broadcast in HD? Where I am, in Louisville, KY, 60 Minutes is shown in "Full Sceen" and looks great, but when The Amazing Race begins, it's letter box and seems to be SD...really upsets me because of all the cool places the teams go to would be great in HD!
TIA,
Ghpr13:)

It is not in HD yet. I heard a rumor that they were considering it for next season, but don't know if that is true. Agree with you that it is a great candidate with the cool places they are. With Survivor going HD last season I hope it is just a matter of time for Amazing Race.

It is not in HD yet. I heard a rumor that they were considering it for next season, but don't know if that is true. Agree with you that it is a great candidate with the cool places they are. With Survivor going HD last season I hope it is just a matter of time for Amazing Race.

Lakebum431,
Thanks for that info. Sometimes it makes you wonder who makes the decision of what to broadcast in HD. Here CBS has a 9 time Emmy winner, and the leave it in SD.
Ghpr13:)

Good episode last night. I still don't understand why CBS can't schedule enough time for football so that their Sunday night times aren't so far off. I've resorted to adding a 2 hour cushion for Amazing Race to ensure that I don't miss it.

Sucks about the lost passport. Especially after finishing first. The Poker chicks are going next. They have been terrible and have finished last twice now and gotten lucky both times. Once with the non-elimination and now with this lost passport. If I see the one poker girl pulling her backpack on wheels one more time I'm going to scream!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts