THE ANGELS ARE A.L. WEST CHAMPS!

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
You have all been saying it, but I couldn't until it happened. I can now begin this thread...

THE L.A. ANGELS OF ANAHEIM ARE THE A.L. WEST CHAMPS!!!!

I will permit myself the remainder of the homestand to celebrate. Hopefully, we will see KRod get the save record. Then, it will be business as usual to get into the playoffs.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words as the Angels got to this, their first watermark of postseason celebration!!!!! :hungry:

You have all been saying it, but I couldn't until it happened. I can now begin this thread...

THE L.A. ANGELS OF ANAHEIM ARE THE A.L. WEST CHAMPS!!!!

I will permit myself the remainder of the homestand to celebrate. Hopefully, we will see KRod get the save record. Then, it will be business as usual to get into the playoffs.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words as the Angels got to this, their first watermark of postseason celebration!!!!! :hungry:

KCK,
congrats to you and your Angels on a GREAT year!!! :):up Best of luck in the playoffs............but not too much. ;):D

Congrats on winning the A.L. West. I've always liked the Angels because they always beat the hell out of the Yankees. When you talk about the Red Sox and Yankees spending money and picking up this guy and that guy, the Angels get bypassed.
The Angels always has a good team and play well every year.

When you talk about the Red Sox and Yankees spending money and picking up this guy and that guy, the Angels get bypassed.

:confused::confused::confused: Excuse me??!!

MLB Payrolls:

1. Yankees- $209,081,579
2. Tigers- $138,685,197
3. Mets- $138,293,378
4. Red Sox- $133,440,037
5. White Sox- $121,152,667
6. Angels- $119,216,333
7. Mariners- $117,993,982
8. Braves- $102,424,018
9. Cardinals- $100,624,450
10. Blue Jays- $98,641,957

Last edited:
No, No, what I'm trying to say is that when the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox are going after big names like A-Rod, Beltran, Beckett, Martinez etc., the Angels kind of go underneath the surface. Now the Angels got Guerrero and Tori Hunter but I don't think they ever get there just due. For all the money the Mets and Yankees (I leave the Sox out of it because they've won 2 World Series), what do they have to show for it. The Mets had lousy years from 2002-2004, didn't make the playoffs in 05 and should've been to the World Series in 06. Let's not forget about last year.
The Yankees have been good from 02-08 but what do they have to show for it. They've made it to the World Series but lost. All that payroll and for what? Every year there losses in the postseason have gotten worse.
The Angels, granted Boston swept them twice in the postseason and have 1 World Series, but they are good every year and are tough team in the playoffs every year. I don't think anyone takes them lightly and think they have a chance to win every year.

Mike Scioscia gets the best out of, not just his starters, but also the Angels auxiliary players too.

He's had them playing at this level since Spring training and they haven't let up.

Congratulations. :)

No, No, what I'm trying to say is that when the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox are going after big names like A-Rod, Beltran, Beckett, Martinez etc., the Angels kind of go underneath the surface. Now the Angels got Guerrero and Tori Hunter but I don't think they ever get there just due. For all the money the Mets and Yankees (I leave the Sox out of it because they've won 2 World Series), what do they have to show for it. The Mets had lousy years from 2002-2004, didn't make the playoffs in 05 and should've been to the World Series in 06. Let's not forget about last year.
The Yankees have been good from 02-08 but what do they have to show for it. They've made it to the World Series but lost. All that payroll and for what? Every year there losses in the postseason have gotten worse.
The Angels, granted Boston swept them twice in the postseason and have 1 World Series, but they are good every year and are tough team in the playoffs every year. I don't think anyone takes them lightly and think they have a chance to win every year.

Fair enough, but you didn't mention the Mets in your original post. :)

Oh, I should've mentioned the Mets. Hey, the Angels blow by the Mets as far as being the better team from 2002 to well, now. They are good every year. And they beat up the Yanks so who's going to argue about that!!

:confused::confused::confused: Excuse me??!!

MLB Payrolls:

1. Yankees- $209,081,579
2. Tigers- $138,685,197
3. Mets- $138,293,378
4. Red Sox- $133,440,037
5. White Sox- $121,152,667
6. Angels- $119,216,333
7. Mariners- $117,993,982
8. Braves- $102,424,018
9. Cardinals- $100,624,450
10. Blue Jays- $98,641,957

Where are my A's on this list!!:D

What caught my eye is how the Mariners are very close to the Angels in payroll.

Team-wise and performance-wise, they are literally polar opposites- baseball's best and worst.

Oh, I should've mentioned the Mets. Hey, the Angels blow by the Mets as far as being the better team from 2002 to well, now.

Mets helped us by giving us Appier for Mo Vaughn ;)

Don't remind me. It would've been great if it was 5 yrs. earlier but by the time Vaughn got to the Mets, he was shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts