the antenna tuner on the ViP211 is AWFUL

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Channels lose connection every minute or so. Is it just me, or does anyone else have this issue with this receiver? My ViP622 is fine, and my HTPC that used to be connected to this antenna never dropped the channels either. I'm getting 79% for one, 89% for another, 100% for the last 3. Why is it dropping them?!

Channels lose connection every minute or so. Is it just me, or does anyone else have this issue with this receiver? My ViP622 is fine, and my HTPC that used to be connected to this antenna never dropped the channels either. I'm getting 79% for one, 89% for another, 100% for the last 3. Why is it dropping them?!
Are you over-splitting your antenna cable, perhaps? Checked your connections/connectors?

nope, its just one antenna going straight into the receiver. I've turned it all the way in.

I had a 211 and while the tuner wasn't quite as good as the one in my Samsung TV, it was pretty solid. The 722 doesn't seem to be any better for OTA than the 211.

Sounds like you've got a receiver problem.

I've got the same problem with my 211, although not as bad. I lose signal for maybe 10 secs. every 5 mins. or so, even though the signal strength is in the 90's when it returns. Single antenna going directly to the receiver as well.

My 211's tuner isn't that bad. My display's tuner is slightly better. I'm having signal problems nowadays because leaves have sprouted, and the tree cover is thick.

My 211's tuner isn't that bad. My display's tuner is slightly better.

This is my experience as well, although it took three receivers and several software upgrades to get to this point.

It's still more likely to get flaky under less than optimal conditions than my display, but only slightly more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts