The Assets

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
The Assets is an eight-part miniseries based on the real life events of CIA counter-intelligence officer Sandy Grimes (Jodie Whittaker).

Thursday, January 2, 2014

"My Name is Aldrich Ames": The Assets is an eight-part miniseries based on the real life events of CIA counter-intelligence officer Sandy Grimes (Jodie Whittaker).

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 2

Thursday, January 9. 2014

"Jewel in the Crown": A high-ranking KGB officer, Vitaly Yurchenko, defects to the United States; Aldrich Ames considers drastic measures when

S~

Just watched both episodes tonight.
Kinda prefer The Americans, if I had to pick just one ... set 30 years ago.
Luckily I can watch both. :)

Cancelled after 2 episodes...
It's only 8 episodes. Just let it play out.
You know it's been written, shot, and edited.
I'm not gonna buy the DVD, but I'd like to see the rest of story.
Would have made great Xmas filler, when there was NOthing to watch!
Wouldn't have been up against much competition. ;)

Back to finish off the episodes.

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 03

Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Trip to Vienna": The FBI and CIA go after Edward Lee Howard after Yurchenko's disclosure; Ames bonds with Yurchenko during a trip.

S~

I watched the entire mini-series on Netflix, and think it got a bad rap. I found it quite enjoyable, and the acting, particularly of the guy playing Aldrich Ames, really was excellent in the last several episodes.

I'll admit I was drawn to the series first by Jodie Whittaker, (who in spite of having a pretty lousy American accent, and being about 15 years younger than the real Sandy Grimes) was quite good.

I think its worth a watch on Netflix.

I watched it on Hulu, I think, after it was cancelled. It was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, though.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)