The battle for 2016

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...lots-king-arthur-for-072216/?partner=yahootix

Looks like 2016 is full of movies. But, right now Captain America 3 and Superman/Batman are scheduled for the same May 6th weekend. Who is going to blink first and move their movie?

For those who came in late, Marvel slotted an “untitled Marvel movie” for their early May summer kick-off slot for 2016. In January, Warner Bros. realized their Man Of Steel 2 wouldn’t be ready in time for their planned July 17, 2015, release and moved it not to July 22, 2016, but rather May 6, 2016, in direct competition with whatever Marvel had up its sleeve. Marvel and Disney then announced that Ant Man would be taking the July 15, 2015, slot vacated by the DC picture, a clear case of “You take our release date, we take yours!” payback.

Memorial Day weekend sees X-Men: Age of Apocalypse and Alice in Wonderland 2 while July 4th weekend has Independence Day 2, Warner Bros.’ Tarzan and Sony's animated Angry Birds (if I were Warner, I’d move Tarzan elsewhere). In between we have one theoretically empty weekend, the frankly terrific pre-Memorial Day weekend slot (home of The Matrix Reloaded, the Star Wars prequels, and all four Shrek films), although I expect X-Men or Alice in Wonderland 2 to take that to avoid a showdown. Between you and me, Alice In Wonderland 2 should take the Shrek slot as a family-centric holiday will mean strong second weekend returns for the sequel.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
The Avengers in 2015 will probably outdo anything in 2016. It is just interesting seeing all the studios jockey for position against one another.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Avengers plus Star Wars, Terminator, Avatar2, James Bond, Mission Impossible, Independence Day, Ant Man, Pirates5, TinTin2, Assasin's Creed....

2016 already got its butt kicked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)