The BCS Championship Game was an Embarrassment!

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
... On my Hopper. Frequent picture breakups, green macro blocking, video stuttering. Was it just me, Just Hoppers, Just EA feed? I'd have been embarrassed if I was hosting a game party.

A friend with VIPs on WA had no issues to report, another buddy with TW HD cable had no issues.

I just rewound the game and started a recording. The recording showed non of the artifacts. The live game was horrible.

I've experienced the same as the OP a number of times, but I've found when that happens--for some unknown reason this impairment happens--I have to tune to another channel, and then tune it back to the original channel with the impairments and all is fine. It's annoying to have to do it, but for some reason IT WORKS. Swapping won't work; one must change channels on the tuner, and then change the channel back to the original channel and it fixes itself.

Being a loyal Boilermaker, and by definition, a ND hater, I gleefully watched every second of the game on a Hopper. I saw none of the artifacts that the OP saw, or maybe, since I was enjoying watching the beat down so much, my mind blocked out the bad stuff.

Being a loyal Boilermaker, and by definition, a ND hater, I gleefully watched every second of the game on a Hopper. I saw none of the artifacts that the OP saw, or maybe, since I was enjoying watching the beat down so much, my mind blocked out the bad stuff.

As a loyal USC Trojan, and also a ND hater, I agree. I thought the game looked great on my Hopper, and no, I blocked nothing out.

I've experienced the same as the OP a number of times, but I've found when that happens--for some unknown reason this impairment happens--I have to tune to another channel, and then tune it back to the original channel with the impairments and all is fine. It's annoying to have to do it, but for some reason IT WORKS. Swapping won't work; one must change channels on the tuner, and then change the channel back to the original channel and it fixes itself.

X2. But I had no issues with the game with my Hopper. Other than I rather quickly tuned into something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts