The Beatles' First Film: Hard Days Night, 8/7 on Rave-HD 12am EST

squicken said:
Premeires August 7. Awesome.

Does anyone else have a problem with this being on Rave? Don't we already have enough music channels that don't show music?

The positive thing about the VOOM originals is that they are a package deal. Everyone that has Rave has Cinema10 and the lot. I would rather see Rave stay just music, music videos, etc. It's a slippery slope and one I wouldn't encourage. Let's keep movies on movie channels.

A Hard Day's Night is one giant music video....have you never seen it? It does belong on RAVE. I bet this is the new re-mastered version of it as well.

Exactly the thing that belongs on Rave. It's 80% music, and it's good music. Now I'd like to see some Yellow Submarine in HD/5.1 :rainbow

OK, I'll break it to you lightly, I saw The Beatles live on Ed Sullivan! I was in the 5th grade, do the math, boy do I feel old.

A Hard Day's Night - World High Definition Premiere! - August 7, 9 PM ET

From the Voom Newsletter:

Get ready to rock with Rave HD

Rave HD is the 24/7 high definition music powerhouse. Until you watch a concert in wide screen HD with Dolby digital surround sound, you haven't seen your home theater truly rock. This is the perfect month to get started. Check out the big premieres this month on Rave HD.

A Hard Day's Night
World High Definition Premiere
August 7, 2004, 9 PM ET

John! Paul! George! Ringo! The Beatles took America by storm when they rocked The Ed Sullivan Show in February of 1964. Later that year, they released A Hard Day's Night, a fun, fictional account of the Fab Four's life on the road that captured the essence of Beatlemania. Now you can relive this moment of rock and roll history in high definition.

In addition to the hit title song, the film features classic hits like "I Should've Known Better," "Can't Buy Me Love," "And I Love Her" and more. The HD presentation of the digitally remastered film will also feature Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound. It's a real treat for Beatles fans - and it's only on Rave HD.

I LOVE THIS CHANNEL!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

TechCop said:
From the Voom Newsletter:

Get ready to rock with Rave HD

Rave HD is the 24/7 high definition music powerhouse. Until you watch a concert in wide screen HD with Dolby digital surround sound, you haven't seen your home theater truly rock. This is the perfect month to get started. Check out the big premieres this month on Rave HD.

A Hard Day's Night
World High Definition Premiere
August 7, 2004, 9 PM ET

John! Paul! George! Ringo! The Beatles took America by storm when they rocked The Ed Sullivan Show in February of 1964. Later that year, they released A Hard Day's Night, a fun, fictional account of the Fab Four's life on the road that captured the essence of Beatlemania. Now you can relive this moment of rock and roll history in high definition.

In addition to the hit title song, the film features classic hits like "I Should've Known Better," "Can't Buy Me Love," "And I Love Her" and more. The HD presentation of the digitally remastered film will also feature Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound. It's a real treat for Beatles fans - and it's only on Rave HD.

I LOVE THIS CHANNEL!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Less than an hour away from the "re-birth" of Beatlemania on Voom!!!

Looking forward to this one even though the Beatles were a little before my time(only 3 when Yoko split them up)

Really good transfer. Sound was awesome. Good job by Voom getting this done right.

TheTimm said:

You got to be kidding me... You probably don't remember Mitch Miller either... What about Jackie Gleason... I remember listening to Kasey Kasem's weekly top 100 radio show and him saying how he was a guest on a local radio show somewhere, where a kid called in and asked did he know Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings... Geez... that's when I started feeling old...

The Beatles Film tonight was awesome. High Definiion was able to show it in its original clarity as projected on motion picture screens in 1964. The sound track was outstanding. I was teaching in Jr. HIgh school when this film came out and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The film stands on its own as a classic. I think maybe the public was expecting another "Elvis type film with a love story and plot" but the documentary approach with ad libbing helped bring this film alive as a happening. A truly great film by Lester Richardson. (or was it Tony Lester)There are sequences in this film which clearly are the model for the first music videos which didn't come out until years later. It captures thechaos around such an event as well as the comedy.

I loved it specially the music mix in DD5.1. It was awesome. I am not a big Beatles fan but I do like some of their music. It was an awesome documentary enjoyed it a whole lot.

HeavyC said:
A Hard Day's Night is one giant music video....have you never seen it? It does belong on RAVE. I bet this is the new re-mastered version of it as well.

You are dead on. These are the first true music videos that set the stage for MVT. It really does belong on Rave with the volume up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)