This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The benefits of proper dish alignment

kc0zhq

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
We've had a little snow in Denver over the past couple days, and this is what I woke up to this morning. 119 was completely gone, but was still getting signal in the 20's on 110 and 129 conus and 45 on the 129 spotbeam. I must have had a great tech put this dish up.

Attachments

• 100_1200.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_1201.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_1202.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 234

Brrrrr. Winters is coming too fast.

I get way more snow than that and it usually works. The trick is...does it work when it starts melting? That's when it gets dense.

I find that it can snow all night with no problem...even Wildblue works fine. But an hour or two after the sun comes out, everything goes dead.

my solution:
I have tall oaks in my yard, so my dish is 35' high off the top of my chimney, so the only time I get issues is heavy wet sticking snow, so I have an old 18" single lnb I have at ground level pointed at 61.5.

I was in Denver during one its worst snow storms (practically a blizzard, and I lived in Chicago for a year during the 2nd worst ever snow storm), and I have to say that your photo and associated "pains" are exactly why I live in Los Angeles . I am so spoiled here; I'll never had to wake up in the morning and have to go out, before breakfast, and clear-off the dish, in my jammies. . A lot of former residents of snow prone cities here in LA say they can't imagine EVER going back to live like that LOL! I hope it all melts so you don't have to clear it off.

couple weeks ago we had 4 inches of heavy wet snow and it clung to the C-Band dish I have...I like the snowball effect that happened on the right hand side of the dish

Attachments

• 100_0545.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 164
Yeah but when LA slides into the ocean, you're dish wont be working then. lol