Hawaii DVR Alert -- CBS & MyNet HD flip

fbbonline

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 9, 2008
Check today's uplink report as KGMB and KFVE have switched HD channels. If you record those channels, you will need to update your DVR timers to point them at the new channels.

psedwar

Jan 1, 2009
Hawaii
not just on HD

They flipped on the SD channels too. I tried to edit my timers and I did not see any option to change channels (only priority and time before/ after). I ended up deleting the timers and recreating them. How do you change channels on the timers without deleting them?

fbbonline

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 9, 2008
They flipped on the SD channels too. I tried to edit my timers and I did not see any option to change channels (only priority and time before/ after). I ended up deleting the timers and recreating them. How do you change channels on the timers without deleting them?

That's the only way I was able to do it too.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
so what exactly did they do?

Move the CBS stuff to 5 and the K5 stuff like sports and My to 9?

I noticed the old "K5" logo is gone...I'll miss seeing those on Hawaii football/basketball games :(

fbbonline

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 9, 2008
so what exactly did they do?

Move the CBS stuff to 5 and the K5 stuff like sports and My to 9?

I noticed the old "K5" logo is gone...I'll miss seeing those on Hawaii football/basketball games :(

Essentially they switched KGMB's and KFVE's call letters and programming to the other's channel on Monday. And then today they switched them back to the way they were.

So I guess ultimately they've done nothing. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I've made duplicate timers on my DVR for all shows I record on either of those channels so that way I record them no matter which channel they broadcast them on. Just in case they switch it again tomorrow.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
oh ok

sounds kinda goofy if you ask me

by the way...I saw yesterday's Hawaii FB game and they still had the "K5" logo (so I was happy...plus its nice to hear Jim Leahy do the game...he's a trip to listen to) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts