The Best Laptop Computer Brand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshibas are underrated machines, the only thing you'll find with the faster CPU is that your batterylife will be shorter.

If you can find a machine with a Pentium-M CPU you'll be set. Centrino laptops all have the Pentium-M CPU and are designed for longer batterylife.
The CPU speed is generally slower however the larger cache (2MB on the new chips) More than makes up for it.
My Inspiron 9300 can run as low as 300MHz if it needs to which gives it a great runtime.

So the Inspiron 9300 allows you to set the speed that you want to run it at or does it just have certain set levels that you can set it to such as very low, low, med, high, etc.?

Stargazer said:
So the Inspiron 9300 allows you to set the speed that you want to run it at or does it just have certain set levels that you can set it to such as very low, low, med, high, etc.?

Yeah i think in the BIOS.

i GAVE MY TENANT AN DELL DESKTOP pc, AND IN THE BIOS it has an setting which u change the speed of the CPU

Can I change the speed of the CPU in a Toshiba Satellite or Dell Inspiron 8500? I am just wondering in case I go on the road with the laptop and want to conserve battery life on it.

Cascade said:
Toshibas are underrated machines, the only thing you'll find with the faster CPU is that your batterylife will be shorter.

If you can find a machine with a Pentium-M CPU you'll be set. Centrino laptops all have the Pentium-M CPU and are designed for longer batterylife.
The CPU speed is generally slower however the larger cache (2MB on the new chips) More than makes up for it.
My Inspiron 9300 can run as low as 300MHz if it needs to which gives it a great runtime.

I personally found all my former Toshibas to be great machines, high quality machines but unfortunately a bit high priced units. However they used to be great (last was a Pentium II 300MHz one, stolen from the trunk while I was watching a movie,,,)

I must say i loooovvveeee my laptop. I never had a problem with it (knock on wood), and if i did it was a no brainer to fix. Viruses don't bother me, nor do i have to mess with ad-aware software etc. My start up programs include Finder,iTunes,Airport and thats it. No annoying anti-virus, Zone-alarm, or whatever programs to hog my CPU or RAM. I just turn it on and get going. Powerbook G4 running Mac OS 10.3.9, soon to be Tiger. I'm not saying Toshiba, Sony, or IBM are not worth getting - they are all solid machines. I worked on all of them, It's the Windows Operating System that has gliches in its matrix and is prone to be attacked online. If you dont have a good firewall (hardware) and other programs to keep you safe from being online, your screwed.

Get a Mac and get going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........just my opinion. :p

Mac laptops are the most overpriced and yet most outdated technology in current shipping laptops out there.
A $1000-worth 1.6 P-M mops the floor with a $2000+ 1.5 G4 PB, sorry.

OS X is great in many ways but also flawed in several ways.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I think he means smartcards as in the memory cards digital cameras use. I know of no laptop with a DishNetwork / DirecTV smartcard reader built in. :D

I ment security access smartcards, like those used for VPN/Network Authentication. I mention this specifically because they are very picky about the serial ports they are on, and they work great with my laptop.

TuxCoder said:
Flawed how?

First and foremost I hate when lack of software tells me what I will do, I have to rape my ideas instead of vica versa. Sorry but this is the naked truth about the "creative" OS.
I can also go on their inability to be integrated into a sophisticated enterprise system without having your own developer team.
I can also mention that OS X - up to Panther, though I do have final Tiger installed already - a very lavishing OS, eveyrthing is sacrified for the sake of being "hallucinematic".

Cascade was just kidding I think. :) I see you're apparently in the UK, rharper83 (he's from there I believe).

And I notice you were a long-time "registered lurker" until today. Welcome [back] to the site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts