The best place to buy FTA systems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Conjuror said:
Well, I both new coolsat 4000 pro on ebay for 172.50, shipping included. Hope it'll work, I'll let you all know when it arrives. Now I need rotor, dish, and LNBF, end sleep with my wife few Tuesday nights :no so she won't bitch about it :D .
When did you win it? The guy (gal?) I got mine from just shipped it today :(. I won / paid last Friday. I guess they ran out.

Agreed, hate waiting.
My Winegard 31" / Universal LNBF / SG2100 setup I won off ebay for $168 (shipping included) was supposedly all shipped last week; I got the SG2100 and LNB yesterday. still waiting for the Winegard. I mounted the SG2100 a few minutes ago... praying the dish shows up this afternoon.
Have a funny feeling it won't :(

CharredPC said:
Agreed, hate waiting.
My Winegard 31" / Universal LNBF / SG2100 setup I won off ebay for $168 (shipping included) was supposedly all shipped last week; I got the SG2100 and LNB yesterday. still waiting for the Winegard. I mounted the SG2100 a few minutes ago... praying the dish shows up this afternoon.
Have a funny feeling it won't :(

Did you email the seller? Was he responsive?

Conjuror said:
Did you email the seller? Was he responsive?

Haven't emailed him yet.
Very long story, but I didn't have the PayPal funds so I had my dad order it. I don't want to be an annoying nervous buyer, so I'll give it a day or two more. It didn't show up today either; hoping for tommorrow.
If not by Saturday, I'll have 'ol Dad email the guy.
I'll work on getting the SG2100 working in the meantime. :confused:

Looks like it is more complicated to buy a dish with motor and lnb than receiver. I can't find anywhere winegard dish larger than 30" with lnb and motor. I just see bunch of amateur looking web sites which makes me somewhat itchy about buying stuff from them. Can you all recommend few reliable sellers who have all of the above in stock?
Do I really need larger dish than 30"? I am in the Atlanta area, if that matters.

Would be BEST, but being so far south...I think you would have great results from the 30" Winegard DS2076

http://www.dmsiusa.com/ds2076.htm

I was just in GA. a few weeks ago and noticed that you guys have much stronger satellite signals down there.

Like others, I've read this forum for many (10) months and have never posted. The only person I personally know is Pete (psbsatellite). I became interested in the hobby, read virtually every post, followed all of the links, read the "World of Satellite TV" book and finally decided to give Pete a call. I also would prefer to pick-up the equipment myself but local dealers are hard to find where I live.

Pete spent a great deal of time with me on the phone over several calls and patiently answered all of my questions. I know you're not supposed to advertise your business on this forum and to the best of my knowledge, Pete has been one of the only dealers that has adhered to that 100% of the time. That's integrity - if you have a hard time believing that, read every post over the last 10 months and it will become evident (some are very subtle). Honestly, it's a little like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Pete, I don't know how you do it. I'm sure the margin that he gets on the resell of the equipment is very small but to me, the guy deserves it.

I ordered a package deal (dish, motor, lnb) from Pete. Everything arrived quickly and in perfect condition (yes, it's drop shipped from the wholesaler but I have the feeling that Pete would have helped if that was not the case). With the knowledge I gained from this forum and Pete, I am able to get virtually every channel from 30w to 129w (limited by dish placement).

So to mercifully end my first post, it has been asked several times "who is a reliable / honest / knowledgeable dealer?". A short answer is, if he has any of the equipment you want, Pete (PSB psbsatellite)

cbpa said:
Like others, I've read this forum for many (10) months and have never posted. The only person I personally know is Pete (psbsatellite). I became interested in the hobby, read virtually every post, followed all of the links, read the "World of Satellite TV" book and finally decided to give Pete a call. I also would prefer to pick-up the equipment myself but local dealers are hard to find where I live.

Pete spent a great deal of time with me on the phone over several calls and patiently answered all of my questions. I know you're not supposed to advertise your business on this forum and to the best of my knowledge, Pete has been one of the only dealers that has adhered to that 100% of the time. That's integrity - if you have a hard time believing that, read every post over the last 10 months and it will become evident (some are very subtle). Honestly, it's a little like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Pete, I don't know how you do it. I'm sure the margin that he gets on the resell of the equipment is very small but to me, the guy deserves it.

I ordered a package deal (dish, motor, lnb) from Pete. Everything arrived quickly and in perfect condition (yes, it's drop shipped from the wholesaler but I have the feeling that Pete would have helped if that was not the case). With the knowledge I gained from this forum and Pete, I am able to get virtually every channel from 30w to 129w (limited by dish placement).

So to mercifully end my first post, it has been asked several times "who is a reliable / honest / knowledgeable dealer?". A short answer is, if he has any of the equipment you want, Pete (PSB psbsatellite)

LOL PSB, I have to give you a credit for trying hard :D . I still don't know where to buy what i need, you may win at the end but dude, you have to fix your web site to at least make it look professional and "trusted". I happened to work in the web design industry ( :D ) so send me an email, I'll help you. I do for you and you do for me and everyone is happy... :)

Pete's a good guy. Been to his house a couple times (he lives maybe 1/2 hour from me)

When I got a motor, Pete made the drive to my house and spent a couople hours gettign it setup and made sure it worked to my specs before leaving (this was over a year ago when I wasn't too familiar with how the motor worked) :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts