The Best Receiver!

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I think the best receiver dish could make could be this.
1. Can browse the web, with a wireless keyboard, either using Ethernet or satellite modem.
2. Wireless controller for dish games.
3. Can be linked to a server using wifi, or an additional Ethernet port, and the server could store the dvr recordings, were the size could be in Tera bytes.
4. Having up to 16 tuner ports, so u can add a little box to each of the (up to 16 tv's) and it could stream each tv's channel on wifi.
5. Be able to control the power in your house(remember rca's direcv homelink?),and be able to start you car.
6. Put all the crap channels (dish home,etc) on ip so they can ease up compression.
7. Be fully hd compatible,even be able to broadcast in ULTRA-HD.
8. Can play dvd's,cd's,blu-ray,hd-dvd's and be able to rip them on the dvr server.
9. Fingerprint-scanning parental controls.
10. Have a battery back up in case you miss the packers.

I think the best receiver dish could make could be this.
1. Can browse the web, with a wireless keyboard, either using Ethernet or satellite modem.
-WEB TV

2. Wireless controller for dish games.
-UHF remote control. (6.3)
3. Can be linked to a server using wifi, or an additional Ethernet port, and the server could store the dvr recordings, were the size could be in Tera bytes.
-Drobo

4. Having up to 16 tuner ports, so u can add a little box to each of the (up to 16 tv's) and it could stream each tv's channel on wifi.
-Slingbox

5. Be able to control the power in your house(remember rca's direcv homelink?),and be able to start you car.
-yes I remember the homelink, but never used it myself. Being able to start your car with your TV...don't think so.

6. Put all the crap channels (dish home,etc) on ip so they can ease up compression.
-Good idea, never would happen

7. Be fully hd compatible,even be able to broadcast in ULTRA-HD. -
1080p would be cool, but would need WAY more satellites in the sky. I already have 2 dishs to receive my HD, and the more satellites in the sky means more LMB's and dishes I need on my roof to watch it.

8. Can play dvd's,cd's,blu-ray,hd-dvd's and be able to rip them on the dvr server.
-Would be cool, but what if one of the drives fails...then the whole unit would need replaced.
9. Fingerprint-scanning parental controls.
-USB fingerprint scanner
10. Have a battery back up in case you miss the packers.
-To power all the stuff you want, you would need a battery the size of a house....and it would only run for like 10 mins.

Wow, that would be neat, but think of all the cost, time to set-up, manage, and learn how to use it all. Good idea, but would never happen!

-Scott

and the content providers would sue them into bankruptcy if and when they ever dared to implement features 3, 4, 7 and 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)