The Big One! Barcelona - Real Madrid: Sa, 4/1 @ 3pm ET

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nice nick-names! :D

I miss La Liga Report!

So, has everyone upgraded to MPEG4?
I called today within the first 15 minutes, but the earliest they could do was April 21 :(
No La Liga for me until then...

My 411 is mpeg 4 but I want the 622 for the DVR. I have to get a super dish to get my locals to show up in the program guide so I have to do the $299 no rebate and then they will give me the dish upgrade for 50 bucks. If I don't do the superdish then I cannot preprogram the DVR to record automatically.

So Mota will miss the game Wednesday :) due to injury, but Benfica also just lost Nuno Gomes on a knee injury on a nasty tackle from behind :mad: .

Not too many goals, but the game was very entertaining! I wish Real Madrid showed more action, but I think they should be happy with the final score.

For those of you with new receivers, enjoy the game next week! ;)

P.S. I still do not understand why Dish Network is making it so ridiculously difficult to upgrade! Why not just enable WorldSport and other channels for those who have already subscribed?!! Why do we have to wait for new receivers? Oh well! See you guys in three weeks!

I had some previous commitment and could not watch the game LIVE but I've got to see it from DVR. Excellent game with lots of intensity. Barcelona dominated the entire game and had so many opportunities to score. Yet, we can't forget that RM was playing with one man less and defended well. Also, how about the defensive save of castilla. The only goal that Barca scored Castilla was kicking himself because he thought he could get to it some how. Any way great game.

there's an article on espn soccernet about the "dive" that Van Bommel took is apparently causing quite a stir in Spain. Unfortunately we never got a good replay on Rush/Worldsport. I'd like to see the replay...

Anyway, still a great game, if Roberto Carlos just keeps quiet and only gets the one yellow then the game may have been different....

From Paul:

Who was that referee???

I called the penalty in the Camp Nou, Sid called it, everyone we talked to called it and then a replay from behind the goal (which sadly we didn't have) showed Van Bommel took a dive when Roberto Carlos slid in.

So Madrid have due cause for complaint, although Roberto Carlos then got himself sent off for overuse of his mouth, which was stupid.

Barca, if they are honest will be pleased with the result of the classico, even though they will feel they created more than enough chances to have won easily. The draw keeps them 11 points clear at the top and with 7 games left, the title is that bit closer.

Madrid should also be reasonably pleased, although the papers have enjoyed a good old cry about the ref, who probably did favour Barca more. It is a point gained for them and they remain second in the table, even though Valencia bounced back to form.

Lopez Caro's men now have to beat Real Sociedad, who are 3rd from bottom, next Saturday in our game of the week. Real Sociedad can't afford to lose. However, their defense is dreadful and all of a sudden Ronaldo is getting back to his best.

Will Madrid keep up the tension? Can Real Sociedad escape the drop zone? All will be revealed...

The only thing certain is that with Basque separatist group 'ETA' calling a ceasefire there will be no repeat of the bomb scare that saw my co-commentator Mr. Lowe racing for the exit 3 minutes from time last year.

Thank heaven for small mercies.

See you there. PAUL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts