The Big three Networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wyle_Coyote

Oct 3, 2005
What's up with CBS and ABC?

I have a great 4DTV receiver with a Pansat 3500S slaved, C&KU. Wingard pinacle and H&H mount. Since I live in an area where off air is impossible I figured with the FTA I should be able to make up for the loss of analog ABC West and CBS. I refuse to purchase a dishnetwork or directv so I can get local channels.

Before anyone says use a fringe antenna with a line amp, forget it. Tried that too. Just can't get enough gain with out multi phasing, multiple antennas.

Any ideas on CBS?

Thanks.

Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but have you checked out 11988V 6510 SR on G10R? Lyngsat lists NBC, CBS, and ABC - plus a WB/UPN station. The same lineup is available for BUD on G4r on 3947H 7239 SR.

Wyle_Coyote said:
What's up with CBS and ABC?

I have a great 4DTV receiver with a Pansat 3500S slaved, C&KU. Wingard pinacle and H&H mount. Since I live in an area where off air is impossible I figured with the FTA I should be able to make up for the loss of analog ABC West and CBS. I refuse to purchase a dishnetwork or directv so I can get local channels.

Before anyone says use a fringe antenna with a line amp, forget it. Tried that too. Just can't get enough gain with out multi phasing, multiple antennas.

Any ideas on CBS?

Thanks.

have you tried AMC7 where the Anchorage stations are? Otherwise check G10 (or I guess the 4DTV people call it X0) :)

Thank you.

Thanks Discolovegrapes, and Iceberg.

I do the love the naming conventions for the 4dtv receiver.
Although it has a hugh channel map the unit is lacking the ability to add additional sats to it map manually. Atleast until we can find ht ehidden menu. :)

I'll give them both a try. Call me stubborn, but what did CBS/ABC do to encrypt their feeds on T6? It appears to have a standard SR so it should be available.
Not to mention Satellite Orbit lists T6 16/20 as CBS HD, E W. What am I missing?

I thought the ABC feeds were still on T6 (IA6)? Maybe its IA5
Lyngsat shows IA5 for ABC (13 West 22 East)

ABC East

ABC west is gone. ABC East is open and a few backhaul feeds.
I've been unable to view west for a while.

Which leads me to the silliness of the networks. If the premise was to provide programming and have advertisers, why shut out the people that can add to your advertising bottom line. He has more subs can charge more.

BTW, grabbed the AK channels. With the one hour difference it puts them back on PDT/PST. The saving grace is the 4DTV gets Norhwest cable news for local stuff. Covers three states, OR, WA, ID, Some W. MT. So we can still get local flavor.

I am interested, not from a hacking stand point, but what they did different to shutdown the HD E/W feeds on IA6 (T6). If no one knows I can call the chief engineer at the CBS affilate, I can't receive and get an answer.

Glad you got the AK channels. When I lived up there, they seemed to make up their own rules on how much to time shift. CBS didn't (at least a few years back), while ABC shifted everything 4 hours back, including Monday Night Football. All of Alaska got taped delayed MNF.

I saw several feeds for ABC. I believe they were on IA5 (Still T5 to me). I can't be exactly sure but it is just one slot east of G4, the satellite with "World Harvest" on it.

Caribbean Networks on G-4

Are the Caribbean Network stations still on G-4 C-band? I'm able to get the Casper station, but not the others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts