The Celtics will lose to the Hawks- I believe it will happen

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
After what I saw tonight, I KNOW Atlanta will beat the Celtics and knock them out.

It's a horrible feeling, but I KNOW it will happen.

After what I saw tonight, I KNOW Atlanta will beat the Celtics and knock them out.

It's a horrible feeling, but I KNOW it will happen.

I thought that the Hawks were a done deal....by losing both games by almost 20 points...and they weren't even that close. Now, EVEN IF the Celtics win the series....an 8th Seed that played SUB-500 gave the Celtics ALL THEY CAN HANDLE in a 1st round matchup. This is come down to best 2 out fo 3.....:eek:

Maybe the Hawks finally woke up and played as a team.

This will be over in 6. The Celtics slept walked through the last 2 games. Going home they will win by 20, go back down to Atlanta and wrap it up.

Detroit has lost 2 games in the first round, also, these teams will rebound and still meet in the conference finals. I really feel bad for Cleveland and Orlando in the next round, both those teams will be stomped by angry teams in the 2nd round.

The two games in the ATL were a treat to watch, but it's difficult to believe a young team like the Hawks winning one in Boston. The Celtics will be a different team in front of their home fans too, and they'll also start getting calls again. After watching the Warriors and Mavs last year I know anything is possible, but this is more likely a series for the Hawks to build on for next year. They're getting the playoff experience these young guys need.

Personally I don't see the Cavs giving the Celtics much of a fight, should they get that far. LeBron would have to elevate past Jordan status to bring this group to the EC finals again. Take a look at their lineup past James...not exactly NBA playoff material.

The Magic, on the other hand, could give the Pistons a fight. So much experience in Detroit, but when does experience become old? Not sure if they've crossed that line yet, but they're getting close to it. The Magic are the kind of team that could possibly challenge them.

Sandra

This is when the teams with the best benches start to shine. Detroit has one, not so sure about Boston. Either way both series are over in the next 2 games. Phili and ATL, have had their day in the sun, and they will be dispatched back to their TV sets to watch the rest of the playoffs.

This is when the teams with the best benches start to shine. Detroit has one, not so sure about Boston. Either way both series are over in the next 2 games. Phili and ATL, have had their day in the sun, and they will be dispatched back to their TV sets to watch the rest of the playoffs.

I think Boston was just derailed for a couple of games. The Pistons I'm not so sure about. Definitely showing some cracks, maybe not enough for the Sixers to exploit, but the end is certainly on the horizon for this group.

Sandra

Atlanta definitely has a chance to win one in Bostn if KG gets suspended for contact with the ref

Atlanta definitely has a chance to win one in Bostn if KG gets suspended for contact with the ref

Good point. IF suspended for this next game, we will see what happens. But seeing that he IS the center piece of the team...the NBA would have the testicular fortitude to suspend him for one game.

Good point. IF suspended for this next game, we will see what happens. But seeing that he IS the center piece of the team...the NBA would have the testicular fortitude to suspend him for one game.

Especially when the league would like a Celtic/Laker final so badly then can taste it.

Sandra

It ain't happening, the league will not suspend Garnett. Atlanta looked very good in the two games at home, that team has a bright future but I don't think they win one in Boston.

For the Cavs fans, sorry but the Celtics are a better team and the Cavs have no chance against them.

It ain't happening, the league will not suspend Garnett. Atlanta looked very good in the two games at home, that team has a bright future but I don't think they win one in Boston.

For the Cavs fans, sorry but the Celtics are a better team and the Cavs have no chance against them.

Just for the record, the 2008 regular season results show that the Cav's are 2-2 against the Celtics this year. So, we have proved that we can beat the Celts.

I do agree that you have quite the team in adding those big names over the off-season, but you simply can't factor out the Eastern Conference Champions as long as we have the biggest X-factor in the NBA.

Besides, we've heard it all before. Nobody thought Cleveland could beat Detroit in last year's Eastern Conference Final either and we all know how that turned out! For those of you who can't quite remember, ESPN Classic shows the historical Game 5 against the Piston's quite often. It was coined the "best individual performance in the history of the NBA playoffs." James scored 49 points, including 29 of his team's final 30 to win game 5, including a driving layup with 2 seconds left in the second overtime. I've never seen an individual dominate any sporting game like that in my entire lifetime. Seeing what LeBron can do on the court and watching his game since a high schooler at Akron, I just can't count him or his team out, ever.

If the Celtics lose, in the first round, to the Hawks, it will mark one of the biggest upsets ever in NBA playoff history. This will be even greater than what happened to the Mavericks last year with the Warriors. Difference is that the Celtics are this super-team, and the Hawks are... well.. the Hawks.

"I do agree that you have quite the team in adding those big names over the off-season, but you simply can't factor out the Eastern Conference Champions as long as we have the biggest X-factor in the NBA. "

Not a Celtics fan, as a matter of fact I don't even like the Celtics. I'm a Warriors fan, just giving my opinion of what I see on the court.

Especially when the league would like a Celtic/Laker final so badly then can taste it.

Sandra

As much as I want it to happen, I don't see it happening.

I have this painful feeling that the Spurs will play the Pistons in the Finals.

The Spurs are the one team I HATE!

San Antonio is to me what the Icelanders are to Sandra.

This will be over in 6. The Celtics slept walked through the last 2 games. Going home they will win by 20, go back down to Atlanta and wrap it up.

Detroit has lost 2 games in the first round, also, these teams will rebound and still meet in the conference finals. I really feel bad for Cleveland and Orlando in the next round, both those teams will be stomped by angry teams in the 2nd round.

They are in trouble.....

Stern had no problem suspending Stoudemire last year. But then again, the Suns aren't the "Almighty Celtics", are they?

Top 10 Football Factories

LSU Gives Perrilloux the Boot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts