The CEO's office was nice to me and hooked me up!

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I bought a superdish from EBay. I added the protection plan because I know how EBay goes!!

The dish arrives, but has a heat sensitive 121 LNB. I called to R.A. the LNB, but the CSR says I will have to pay for a service call. I explained that was ridiculous and removed the German channels and the warranty...I told the CSR he could send me to winback (retention) if he even mentioned the $5 fee.

I send the LNB back to the seller, 4 weeks later, I get one that will not even work for 121.

I wrote a very nice letter explaining the situation and stating that I would be happy to pay for the service call, at the reduced warranty rate, to fix the LNB. I also explained that I knew about the bad batch of 121 LNBs.

They called and said that they had no information about a bad batch on LNBs! However, she would be wiling to waive the service call fee and I would not be charged for the 121 LNB.

I look at this 2 ways...
1.That was nice of them.
2. Why would they do this for free if there had been no evidence of a bad batch of 121 LNBs??

ha, yeah... the installers unfortunately find out about the "bad batches" first when they are standing up on a customers roof cursing dish

birddoggy said:
ha, yeah... the installers unfortunately find out about the "bad batches" first when they are standing up on a customers roof cursing dish
I have heard that from several sources...I do not understand why they don't just RA the 121 LNB! It cost them more to send the tech out , in this case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)