so....what exactly is the deal with the 118?

munciefan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
East Central Indiana
So, dish get's many of us to sign up for the 622, so that we can get the precious MPEG 4 signals, and eventual local HD. For those who live in several different market areas (e.g., Indy, Detroit, StL), we are SOL for the local HD channels unless we can either PURCHASE the new 1000+ and install it ourselves (or pay to have it installed) or somehow convince Dish to give us the upgrade (likely? probably not)....

is this a correct assessment, or am I missing something?

after paying 299 for the damned upgrade (Feb), I expect that I should be able to get the 1000+ for FREE!

munciefan said:
So, dish get's many of us to sign up for the 622, so that we can get the precious MPEG 4 signals, and eventual local HD. For those who live in several different market areas (e.g., Indy, Detroit, StL), we are SOL for the local HD channels unless we can either PURCHASE the new 1000+ and install it ourselves (or pay to have it installed) or somehow convince Dish to give us the upgrade (likely? probably not)....

is this a correct assessment, or am I missing something?

after paying 299 for the damned upgrade (Feb), I expect that I should be able to get the 1000+ for FREE!

I just upgraded my 622, I think just luckily after the Detroit locals were launched - Dish is providing a free 1000+ setup in a week - or so they say. I don't know if it will work this way, but in the past if you needed new equipment to obtain channels that you are paying for Dish would provide it free of charge. I don't know if they will do that in this case, did you call Dish to ask them?

not yet....but as I am from indiana, i am sharpening up my hunting knives and cleaning my guns. JUST KIDDING!

in any event, I may be in luck, because I've had to have them out 2 more times to realign the dish (well, actually move it) due to 129 being lost due to a neighbor's tree. Each time it comes with a new 90 day warranty.....according to the techs....

Perhaps I can get them on that "tech"nicality.....

on the phone right now with a tech..... trying to upgrade my legacy 811 to a 211 (which, now, according to the tech, will include the 1000+)

success!

it was interesting...as he tried initially to give me the run around (as blues traveler might say). "the 129 will become the 118, and you won't have to do anything"....now......at the end...the very end....

i get a 1000+ and a 211 to replace my 811.....49.95 for the 211....but 59.95 for the damned dish 1000+......cough cough....Bullsh!t....cough cough

the install is supposed to happen monday....MONDAY!

we'll see......................

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)