The Chicago Code

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Just saw the pilot of The Chicago Code. Was very impressed by the first episode. Well done, has a lot of potential. I love that it was filmed in Chi-Town.

Had some good one-liners too.

"Gangbanger killing another gangbanger. Another case of misdemeanor murder"

and "... and the Cubs could win the series, but I'm not calling my bookie."

Looking forward to seeing how this show pans out.

I don't want it to be Shield. A gritty cop show about Chicago is just plain old fun.

And ice, I agree, Jennifer Beals is definitely a reason to watch. ;)

So what about Shield??? I thought is was excellent. Like shows with a central Bad Guy. Well written and great cast. Definitely a timer keeper.

I don't want it to be Shield. A gritty cop show about Chicago is just plain old fun.

And ice, I agree, Jennifer Beals is definitely a reason to watch. ;)

The Shield was a gritty cop show about LA that was just plain great. like I said I like Chicago Code, though I would not call it gritty.

Well, whatever it is, I liked the first episode.

Southland is also an excellent cop-show. I'd definitely call it gritty.

The second episode was very good.

Line of the week: "I joined the biggest gang in the city: the Chicago Police Department." Speaks volumes. It was just as good as last week's "gangbanger kills a gangbanger; just another misdemeanor murder."

I did not think it held up as well as the first. The Mouthy Cop conclusion was a little much.

After two episodes, I'm not real impressed. It just seems like they almost get it going towards something good, and then stop. I can't put my finger on what it would take to make it more enjoyable.

One more episode to make up my mind if it stays in my schedule or not.

Another good episode, I love how they film on location. Last nights episode had a murder scene at MIller's Pub, in the loop, a restaurant I have eaten at several times over the years, kind of cool to see such familiar sites used for the show.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Well that sucks! I think most of the shows that come on FOX really suck. And other than American Idol, this was the only show that I watch on FOX. I guess it's just hard for me to believe that this show gets cancelled, and they keep renewing some other (crappy) shows over and over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts