The Dark Knight Rises

Just saw it last night in IMAX. Theater was a sellout so I'm glad I got there early. Wow. Much better than I expected. The acting was excellent. I know it was long but it flew by for me.
Great preview for Skyfall too.

Just saw it last night in IMAX. Theater was a sellout so I'm glad I got there early. Wow. Much better than I expected. The acting was excellent. I know it was long but it flew by for me.
Great preview for Skyfall too.

It did not feel like a three hour movie that is for sure.

Dang, its expensive to be the Bat.

2.jpg

I went to see this last night with my friend who had not seen either of the previous movies. We had a mini-marathon Saturday night so he could get up to speed with this reboot of the Batman franchise. He had been pretty much turned off by the last couple of Batman movies so he was totally blown away by how well done "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" were.

The third movie in this new Batman Trilogy was a satisfying conclusion, but a full discussion can't be had without Spoilers. I will say that the one scene where Bruce is being told by the doctor that his body has experienced severe trauma could have been cut and the time used later on to refine some of the later moments, but that's a minor quibble. I like the humorous as much as the next guy, but the other moments of humor that were present were more authentic than this gratuitous scene.

My friend and I left the theatre feeling that we had been thoroughly entertained. I still feel "The Dark Knight" is the best of the three, but this one was a strong second which doesn't take anything away from the first.

I picked up "The Dark Knight" Blu-ray at Target for $9.99 the other day which included a $5 credit for "The Dark Knight Rises", so I paid $3 (plus $5.25 medium soda) for the movie. That was a great value for this excellent movie.

The "next" Batman is scheduled for 2015. Hopefully it will be continuation and not a reboot considering the door was left open for bale and company.

I went to see this last night with my friend who had not seen either of the previous movies. We had a mini-marathon Saturday night so he could get up to speed with this reboot of the Batman franchise. He had been pretty much turned off by the last couple of Batman movies so he was totally blown away by how well done "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" were.

The third movie in this new Batman Trilogy was a satisfying conclusion, but a full discussion can't be had without Spoilers. I will say that the one scene where Bruce is being told by the doctor that his body has experienced severe trauma could have been cut and the time used later on to refine some of the later moments, but that's a minor quibble. I like the humorous as much as the next guy, but the other moments of humor that were present were more authentic than this gratuitous scene.

My friend and I left the theatre feeling that we had been thoroughly entertained. I still feel "The Dark Knight" is the best of the three, but this one was a strong second which doesn't take anything away from the first.

I picked up "The Dark Knight" Blu-ray at Target for $9.99 the other day which included a $5 credit for "The Dark Knight Rises", so I paid $3 (plus $5.25 medium soda) for the movie. That was a great value for this excellent movie.

For some reason I still prefer Batman Begins to TDK; although I think Heath Ledger's Joker was amazing. But both were excellent films, and the whole trilogy was spectacular.

Kraven said:
The "next" Batman is scheduled for 2015. Hopefully it will be continuation and not a reboot considering the door was left open for bale and company.

I honestly want them to wait longer for another movie (unless Nolan is involved). I just have too many worries about the next guy trashing what has been built up thus far.

The only way I would do another Batman movie if Nolan is involved and Bale as Batman and same cast :) I prefer the first Batman with Ledger as the Joker was the best of the 3 :)

The only way I would do another Batman movie if Nolan is involved and Bale as Batman and same cast :) I prefer the first Batman with Ledger as the Joker was the best of the 3 :)

I say Bale is done. I could be wrong, but I would seriously doubt another Bale film. And if the same continuity continues, it will be the guy who was the cop. They set that up perfectly. If they had only named him Dick Grayson. :)

But if the continuity does not continue, of course there will be a new batman movie -- that strikes me as a given. :)

That just one of several "word is" rumors/speculations all over the net lately (and some of them are pure fantasy). Some say 2016, others 2014 (which is absurd). Nothing official until Warner Brothers makes it so.

Christian Bale gives his take on the ending of The Dark Knight Rises http://theweek.com/article/index/27...s-take-on-the-ending-of-the-dark-knight-rises
Ridley Scott, Christian Bale talk 'Blade Runner' sequel, Batman, and what Bale's Moses beard was really made of http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/...exodus-blade-runner-sequel-dark-knight-rises/
Warning: If you have not watched Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, and you care about being surprised by the final scene of the final movie, stop reading this now.