The EagleEye controller/adapter for PS3!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
I have always been more comfortable gaming with a keyboard and mouse vs controllers for game consoles and I recently read a little about the adapter device called EagleEye made by a company called Penguin.

It states it will allow you to plug in a usb mouse and keyboard in too it and in turn the EagleEye plugs in too the PS3 and then allows you to game with the keyboard and mouse. Specifically desiged for fps games like Modern Warfare and Battlefield. Does anyone have one of these and is so how well does it work?[/
B]

I dont have one but after reading the reviews on amazon, I'll stick with my PC.
The biggest issue I read is that when you move your mouse, it doesnt matter how fast or slow you moved it, the adapter only senses that you moved the mouse, not the speed.

I remember they did a cross between ps3 and PC for portal 2. I got portal 2 on ps3 since it came with a PC copy and my buddy and I tried the co-op cross platform. It worked but I was relying on him to do all of the accurate shooting since he could focus it much easier with a mouse than I could with the controller.

I remember having something like this for either original xbox or early xbox 360 for FPS (Heck it may have even been PS2... I remember I was still at my parents house)... it sucked bad. The keyboard recognition was half decent but like rich said the mouse controls were god awful!

A guy I know has been using the Xim 3 for Xbox 360 and has had great success with it. It may be worth checking out if you want that keyboard and mouse precision.

Http://www.xim3.com

Sent from my iPad2 using SatelliteGuys

There are several Utube vids for the Eagle Eye being tested by a gamer who shows how it works and it seems to be effective but can require more than just keymapping but also adjustments to the deadzones. I am going to also check out Xim 3 for the Xbox and also see if there is a PS3 version out also. The price for the Eagle Eye is 60 bucks which isnt bad for an adapter that allows total customization of 2 keyboard layouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)