The end of HD Absolute??

gandia9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Hey guys, I was on a chat with customer service the othe day about sone of the pricing changes and was told that I would lose my HD Absolute in a few months. Is that true. I don't wan to switch but do I have any bargaining power if I do?

They cancel my absolute and I will cancel them.
I'll go back to the monstrous tower in the back yard and be satisfied with OTA and free.

Hey guys, I was on a chat with customer service the othe day about sone of the pricing changes and was told that I would lose my HD Absolute in a few months. Is that true. I don't wan to switch but do I have any bargaining power if I do?

Relax, don't believe everything you hear or read :rolleyes:

Relax, don't believe everything you hear or read :rolleyes:

I was just stating what I was told by a CSR through a chat. Any ensuing pandemonium shouldn't be pegged on a false post. If the CSR was confused (very likely) then we can blame them, but I am just trying to ask what I should do, or if anyone here knows more.

I was just stating what I was told by a CSR through a chat. Any ensuing pandemonium shouldn't be pegged on a false post. If the CSR was confused (very likely) then we can blame them, but I am just trying to ask what I should do, or if anyone here knows more.

Don't do anything. And if the time comes, they take away HD absolute. Mail back all their equipment and go somewhere else for 2yrs. Then after that , go somewhere else again for 2 yrs. Play the churn game.:D

Very few CSR's know what is going on today and I doubt any of them know what is going tomorrow and beyond...

Not necessarily the fault of the CSR's -- internal communication within Dish is practically non-existent.

Very few CSR's know what is going on today and I doubt any of them know what is going tomorrow and beyond...

Not necessarily the fault of the CSR's -- internal communication within Dish is practically non-existent.

I wonder if the original poster had to explain to the CSR what the HD absolute package is? :eek:

Funny thing, I did have to explain that I was on an older package. Thanks for the answers guys. I would trust any of you 100 times over the CSR (especially Scott). I plan on keeping the HD absolute as long as I can. I wonder if I can get reception 6 feet under!!

Not so strange

Funny thing, I did have to explain that I was on an older package. Thanks for the answers guys. I would trust any of you 100 times over the CSR (especially Scott). I plan on keeping the HD absolute as long as I can. I wonder if I can get reception 6 feet under!!

The CSR's rarely know anything about grandfathered packages.

With DISHs award winning VIP 922 sling media player due to come out.....soon?

Although I do enjoy my 722 and quite a bit of HD programming for the price. That price is about my limit for TV... and just don't get it with people paying $100 a month for TV. It's not worth it to me. When absolute is gone, they can have their equipment back and my triple tuner HTPC will be back into action.

Although I do enjoy my 722 and quite a bit of HD programming for the price. That price is about my limit for TV... and just don't get it with people paying $100 a month for TV. It's not worth it to me. When absolute is gone, they can have their equipment back and my triple tuner HTPC will be back into action.
Thanks for the comments Digiblur. As usual, you express the same sentiments I have with those comments. Though I don't have a tuner on my HTPC. Perhaps I'll get one if I decide to give up satellite.

--

I talked my folks our of paying $94/month for satellite, and now they have nearly as much, a DVR and new equipment for around $60/month. Too bad I couldn't get them in when Absolute HD was offered - but they were nowhere near ready for HD..

I guess if you have money to burn, paying more isn't an issue - but I don't know too many people like that. I trust that Absolute HD will be around as long as I am when it comes to satellite - unless someone is willing to give as good of a deal for decent channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)