The fees are killin' me!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Columbus
I called to upgrade to the 211 HD receiver, and keeping my 625 for the other two TVs.

$99 HD Plat
$12 Latino Bonus Pak
$5 Superstations
$6 HD receiver fee
$5 locals

$127 total subscription..........29 HD channels

You know, no problem. I have no issue with paying the programming fee, as thats what it costs to watch good TV nowadays. No biggie.

$99 211 upgrade fee

OK......no big deal, nothing comes free....I understand....

$49 "equipment handling fee"

Where the hell did this come from? It was VERY conveniently placed at the very end of the disclaimer I agreed to at the end of the upgrade phone call.

What are ya gonna do though. I called Time Warner, who I just dumped 2 months ago, about HD programming. $120 for the HD programming, HBO/Cinemax, and a close comparison to the Everything Pak as far as the other channels are concerned. The catch? 8, yes, EIGHT HD channels.

This is why there needs to be more competition in satellite and in cable. The handling charge is one that Im not familiar with and I worked for E for over 6 years but it sounds like a variation of the installation fee wich makes me wonder if you get that charge reimbursed after the install upgrade.

^thanks....I kinda figured it would be a charge for the labor or whatever. And guess what...I am gonna get $49 worth of work out of the guy. I am going to have 2 new rooms with the cable in it.

This sounds like a standard DIU job.

For a 211 you're only going to get ONE new room wired - unless you work something with the installer.

Only way I would add a second room for you is if you payed me for it, otherwise if Im there to upgrade the dish and add a single tuner receiver your not getting anything for free from me and thats most likely what your going to find with any tech that comes out.

^understood.

I am not disappointed with the installers or the work you guys do.

I am disappointed with Dish nickle and diming every thing they can. Its $ for this and $ for that and then $ to do this and $$ to do that.....when does it stop!!

I agree with the high fees for Dish being quite the burden. This is why DirecTV needs to stay around- competition is a good thing! (as Van noted)

I do have to say though that my cable option is so poor in my area (Adelphia) that ANY price I have to pay to have Dish is almost worth it. I am still stuck with Adelphia's lousy HSI service. But I sleep better knowing I don't have to look at their lousy TV service. So I let that keep me from getting too ticked off about Dish's ridiculous fees. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts