The Final LIVE Game on VOOM: Real Madrid vs. Villarreal - Today @ 3:58 PM EDT

Gooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!

That was NOT a penalty...Pavon got the ball first with the sole of his boots!

Bad call and the ref wasn't in a good enough position to make that call.

codpiece said:
That was NOT a penalty...Pavon got the ball first with the sole of his boots!

Bad call and the ref wasn't in a good enough position to make that call.
The assistant referee put his flag up also-he saw the same thing. Pavon went through the legs of the attacker and that is a no, no-2nd replay-from the endline showed that no contact with the ball--Paul commented--endline camera that was the angle and the AR

Referee has courage

Close call, but not a penalty.

Also, you can't believe Paul, as they have a crap view. He often confuses players and numbers. He called Pavon, Samuel earlier.

Well, 0-1 after the first half.
Villarreal is ahead.

codpiece said:
Close call, but not a penalty.

Also, you can't believe Paul, as they have a crap view.
Actually he commented after watching the replays. ;)

Ilya said:
Actually he commented after watching the replays. ;)

He saw it live first, and that colors his view significantly.

The challenged was at the ball first and Forlan and Pavon made contact with the ball nearly instanteously, without Pavon having made contact with Forlan prior to that...too close to call a penalty in my book.

Oh well, agree to disagree.

timfouts said:
How's the PQ?
To answer your question (about MLS on HDNet), I only installed Adelphia cable a few days ago and didn't have a chance to watch any MLS games. Perhaps tonight.
Overall the PQ on HDNet and other HD channels is pretty good, though I do get occasional pixelation which is worse than on VOOM.

To tell the truth, MLS games excite me much less than LaLiga games. Hopefully HD broadcast will change that! ;)

Last thing about the penalty: The ball rolls straight out and is not diverted==untouched If the referee does not give it then he can have a difficult problem in the second half, if there's contact with a Real attacker that penalty will be easy.

I just noticed that the referee is miked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)